Anyone spare me £25k? 3.0 V6 Imtec RWD

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
:cool: I bet this car is an absolute beast

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-RALLY-PUMA-3-LITRE-V6-/152000611635?hash=item2363f14533:g:kyQAAOSw~OVWxeAd

FORD 3 LITRE V6 RALLY PUMA RWD (WITH MSA CATEGORY 2 PAPERWORK)

This car was originally built by a company called IMTEC using ford sierra Cosworth running gear.

I have full up to date category 2 stage rally vehicle Identity form and MSA competition log book for this car.

I had Recently fitted a BRAND NEW Jaguar s type all alloy 3 litre V6 engine producing around 290 BHP (car has only competed in 3 rallies with new engine).

imtec_1_zps0mdveaml.jpg

imtec_2_zpsgbsdksjq.jpg

imtec_4_zps5jlojs7t.jpg

imtec_3_zpsgms5j4ri.jpg

Saw that on the fleabay not long ago. Begging my boyfriend for a shiny fast puma for weeks but no success yet...

I haven't seen an update on Mac's thread for yonks. I'm dying to know what's happening with it.

Hi,

I think the kit in the above photo is dreadful. The lines do not flow, look at the rear arches, I think this kit was originally made for the mark 2 Capri. The original Puma design was spot on so why do people try to change it? As they do it seems to be changed for the worse.
My personal opinion. every one to their own.

Richard.

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]347755[/post] The original Puma design was spot on so why do people try to change it?
Probably because they are using wider wheels and tyres?

Hi Frank,
I think there are better ways of achieving what you are saying but incorporating style in line with the original concepts of the Puma without the boy racer look, that at the end of the day looks naff.

Richard.

Hi,
Further to my last post I would like to say that I have had a few ideas about developing the Puma body shape that is totally in line with the original design , but still in the spirit and subtle. I work in GRP and Carbon and closed cell foam with epoxy and polyester resins and can graft on any shape and design to a Puma and make molds. My splitter was the first step forward.
Richard.

I think the imtec kit was more function over fashion anyway, and perhaps it isn't moulded because a bolt on piece would have been much easier and cheaper to remove/repair after a rally than a moulded arch.

If you do ever design a kit to compliment the standard puma shape I've no doubt there would be plenty of us that would like to see it :)

RICHARD MANSFIELD2 said:
[post]347763[/post] Hi Frank,
I think there are better ways of achieving what you are saying but incorporating style in line with the original concepts of the Puma without the boy racer look, that at the end of the day looks naff.
Hi Richard,
Bearing in mind that this is a thread about someone who is selling a car for rallying, then I think perhaps you should view something (pretty basic) like - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wnh3hKAsKM

I reckon rally guys have more pressing things on their minds than being mistaken for boy racers.

Feel feel to discuss the merits of style versus functionality, but that is really a different thread subject to this one.

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your comments. I watched the video, pretty good.
I take your comments on board and agree with you. Perhaps on reflection I was a little out of context on this one.

Regards,
Richard.

Great car - shit bodykit. The S1600 one is the "proper" rally one, not that abomination.

What's with the huge nose thing on the bonnet when the engine is in the back? :pinkeye:

So it is! - I blame my cold.. :oops:

Still looks 'orrible!

Latest posts

Back