Using one 02 sensor (feedback fault)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No still old maf. when diving around normally the fuel trim is within +-10%. but when giving it the beans it can spike.

i should start with the inlet temperature sensor first (cheapest). Next thing to change is maf. but i think i'll buy a new one.
The one you have. do you know how old it is or mileage?

Temp sensor old vs new
oN8WTJj.jpg

Vacuum leak!
ePsA5TY.jpg

Sorted those things out. Still get
Using 1 02 sensor feedback fault
Should my car have two sensors?

got the advice to check pids 0103 and 0112

0001 0000 = 16 (bit A:4)

0000 0100 = 4 (bit A:2)

how can i tell how many 02 sensors i should have?
puma 1.7 -98 muff. analogue dash

the puma have not stalled for some time now so hopfully that is sorted.
just need to change maf and get some oil leaks sorted.
it's a mess down by the waterpump. backside of engine clean
top cover still seam to hold the oil. No oil inside cam belt cover but on the outside

have to clean and check if it might be oil pressure switch or sump. only seam to leak when warm and reving enthusiasticly.

Changed the MAF yesterday. did a ecu reset today and drove around the car until all checks in torque show green. but i still get the o2 feedback fault.. I'll drive it to work some days and see if it gets rid of the problem or if i need to change more stuff.

I'll continue my monologue here.

Next thing to check is the lambda i guess. the lambda heater is suspect-able to failure that could lead to closed loop fault.

* measure heater resistance
* connect a scope to see if its sluggish switching between rich and lean and if its within voltage tolerances.
Looks ok via obd but hard to tell since updates is a bit slow.

Latest posts

Back