Viewing and editing MP4 video files

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeager2004

Sorry first of all if I've posted this in the wrong section.

I'm just after a bit of advice regarding playing and editing MP4 video files. My video camera records in this format but I've found few applications to play MP4 files and even fewer to edit them.

Anyone have any suggestions of editing programmes that support MP4?

Thanks

Ade

not sure about editing programs, but it might make it easier to convert the file into another format first. If you have enough room to have the resulting file of high enough quality you may not lose quality in the conversion.

A program I use is called 'total video converter' You get a free trial so you could always give it a go. It's got a pretty comprehensive list of supported file types including MP4 (I assume this is a shortened version of MPEG4). I don't know if there is any difference but it has specifi options for 'ipodMPeg4' and 'PSPMpeg4'

Hope that helps :)

Don't know about any MP4 editing software sorry :(

But as far as conversion software, you might want to try SUPER as well.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It can convert virtually anything to anything and is completely free.

Infact it's a handy little program for everyone. Can convert 3gp (mobile phone) vidEo files to mpg / avi / dvd files and vice versa, DVD to avi, sound files, etc.etc.

Interested in this myself, want to make some videos of the car in action, my phone has brilliant quality movies, but theyre in mp4 which isnt well used.

Would be good to get some convoy shots for FITP

Back