Vulcan in flight

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mort666

An unexpected treat today when I was up at Elvington at a bike drag racing event.

early in the afternoon it was announced that there would be a fly-by from the Vulcan.

Sadly the cloud conditions didn't make for the best pictures, but with such a distinctive silhouette, you can easily tell what it is :lol:

Came low enough to get some pretty close shots. these are the full frames from the camera....no cropping :)

enjoy

4984552210_3c3fd1ec01_b.jpg

4983956683_69bd2c4103_b.jpg

4984563102_22f30c3faf_b.jpg

4984564652_0244a46f17_b.jpg

4983970469_5017940006_b.jpg

4984579166_759551f94f_b.jpg

4984582940_734fac0486_b.jpg

4983992279_b2996c204f_b.jpg

That's immense! :grin:

Southport airshow next weekend, gonna try get some funky shots myself!

Gorgeous machine :D

Do you still have any hearing?

to be honest it didn't seem that loud when it flew past the couple of times.

perhaps they were just taking it easy (it was a slow fly-by)

the residents of Elvington are renowned for complaints about noise so perhaps they take it easy there :lol:

Wow- would of loved to see that.

Paul quick question

Pics 1,3,6 and 7.

How much would it cost to egt them put in a nice frame? My dad used to workat woodford and did some time on the Vulcan as well- think it would be a really nice Christmass present for him.

Love the Vulcan, great pics as ever Paul.

Its due near me at Coventry Airport in a couple of weeks, cant wait.
http://www.vulcantothesky.org/appearances.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT:
Have just noticed this is part of a 'Help for heroes' fundraiser. £20/car (upto 5 peeps) or £5/person on foot.

"The Fly-in will include the famous Battle of Britain Commemorative Flight and feature many legendary aircraft from the Spitfire, Hurricane, Tornado and Hercules to the modern day jet, helicopters and classic flights."

For more info.
http://www.flyincoventryairport.com/vulcan_press_release.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE ITLOVE IT!

awesome plane and i remember seeing one fly years ago when i was a kid and amazed how it seemed to just hang in the sky as felt like it was flying so slowly and is so huge!! :cool:

thanks for the replies and I thought you might like it Vix when I heard it announced over the tannoy.
Mutley, it did look like a very sedate fly-by :D

Was spitting with rain at the end of a torrential shower but it was worth having to give the camera a bit of a towel down afterwards :lol:

Scotty,

it all depends on how big you want them an what type of frame.
anywhere between 6"x4" and A4 (12"x8") are pretty cheap to get printed. go bigger than that and it starts to cost.

as an example I did an A3 print (approx. 16"x12") for someone last year and the print was around £10. The frame for it with a a decent width border round it within the frame was around £30 delivered but that was a custom made frame, albeit with one of the cheapest materials available.

yeah it came just over the houses here, very low, but were in country side and only get military aircraft fly over this way. i love it

Back