Water leaks

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaine

Any common causes of water leaking into the front passenger footwell? My mat seems soaked yet the carpet is not that bad.

Had a proper look at the water leak

Carpet is soaking in both front and rear footwells. Removed the door trim and found that the door membrane is half hanging off!

Also lifted the carpets and the underfelt is soaking to, looks like it could be coming in from the front of the car and running down. I have checked the large grommet and it appears to be in properly, can't see anything obvious on the Pollen filter housing but dont really know what I am looking for

Your best bet for this is to use the search feature at the top of the page.

There is loads of information relating to where water can get in, and you should even come across a thread where someone has stripped everything back and sealed areas up.

hi chap been following your thread and top work but im pretty confident it will be coming through the gromit if its the passenger side. the door membrane wont cause any leaks and signs of water will be present in the bottom of the door but thats normal. if its the drivers side it is mpst pikely the joint on tje scuttle. hope you get this sorted I did have to remove the dash to find mine in the end.

Thanks mate. I am going to pull the scuttle panel off tomorrow and then pull the dashboard out on Saturday. Once it is out i can then seal everything!

use roof sealer not the bathroom stuff. hope you het it sorted. I remember the bad ole days needing waders just to go for a quick spin lol

Thanks for the tip. Dash does not look that pad to come out I guess!

not to bad but wiring harness is a bit of a pain. pull the underlay away behind the dash otherwise the water will soak into that and you wont see it coming in.

Dashboard and wiring etc is still out. Found the water coming in through the main bulkhead grommets. Resealed them yesterday however there is still a leak!

Really starting to get annoyed with the car now!

Back