what a crap day - Now Friday 13th is a good day!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
shit news, sorry mate. anything i can do just let me know.....

as I said in my txt the other day mate hope you find something v soon and if theres anything you need just ask....

glad Sophs on the mend too :)

shit mate :( sorry to hear the bad news.

Really hope things pick up for you soon.

don't know if there is much I can do to help but if there is anything then you know where I am.

Will keep everything crossed that something comes along very soon for you.

Cheers Paul & Dunc

You got any engineering agencies links ? I've been trawling through all the ones I know tonight. Applied for a few jobs directly and got on the books with agencies. More the merrier. PM me them if you have any.

Good news on the Sophie front. She went back to the vets tonight and has made great progress since Friday. She's gone from having a temperature of 40.1 (definate cat flu region) back down to a normal 38.5. Her wound is clearing / healing up nicely and she's re-hydrated herself and her weight has gone up a bit as well as she's eating near normal again.
I've still got to finish the anti-biotic course for the next few days, but she needn't go back to the vets unless something crops up, or I get worried.

:thumbs:

http://www.jobsite.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is the one I used last year, 7 interviews in 5 days but it is abit quieter now.

Haven't been around on the site for a few weeks and I logged on to this bad news.

I am so sorry to hear this, Dal.

I hope that you find something soon. Anything I can do to help, just give me a call - you know where I am.

Ben just sent me this link - I am so sorry to hear your news, Darren. Hope it is just temporary and you find something quickly <hugs> xx

Great link Dunc - applied for a couple.

Thanks Ben and Pat - couldn't get another puma mate a job at your school Ben? Engineer extraordinaire.. Bit of a commute too. lol

Sorry to hear this Dal..hope you find something soon.

Was going to send you the jobsite link but got beat to it. Sometimes as good to ring them as some of the jobs they send you or advertise are taken pretty quickly. Haven't used them for a fair few years now but still get e-mail alerts from them just to keep my eye in on going rates so I can up my invoices...lol

What part of engineering are you in - out of interest??? I'm self employed doing design and drawing work for Architectural & Structural projects and our Liam is a pain when it comes to helping me as he keeps forgetting how to use AutoCAD....lol (Kids!!)

Could always try and dish some work to you on the QT as I can never be arsed with working :wink:

Bitch that you can't make it to the ring :(

My fingers are crossed that you get a job by the weekend then you CAN make it. :eek:k:

Hope you get sorted soon, it makes you wonder about getting out of engineering, there's another 100 to go from our place soon.

no place seems to be safe at the moment

yippeekiay said:
What part of engineering are you in - out of interest??? I'm self employed doing design and drawing work for Architectural & Structural projects and our Liam is a pain when it comes to helping me as he keeps forgetting how to use AutoCAD....lol (Kids!!)

Well my main area is Mechancial Design of General Engineering, New product introduction, DFM, from all sorts of areas from Post Production Film equipment (optics, extreme precision mechanics for film handling, motors etc) , through Food process (stainless steel conveyors, heating vessels etc) and most recently electro - mechanical vibration equipment for satellite test and the like.
I've used Pro-E, Solidworks, Inventor, AutoCAD and ME10 CAD wise.

yippeekiay said:
Could always try and dish some work to you on the QT as I can never be arsed with working

Could be an idea if you're snowed under so to speak.. :eek:k: If I can find my working copy of AutoCAD that is..lol

I've spend most of last night trawling through the engineering recruitment pages and applied for a few positions locally. We'll see how it goes.

Pumadaddy said:
Hope you get sorted soon, it makes you wonder about getting out of engineering, there's another 100 to go from our place soon.

no place seems to be safe at the moment

Hmm, you have a point there mate. I was wondering that when I first found out I was for the chop, but there seems to be quite a bit of Engineering work in and around Cambridge so I'll try that first. If that comes to nothing, then I could try something else, but the big question is.. what?

Engineering, Manufactury and general Indusry seems to be just going down the toilet in the country and nobody gives a flying f**k. LDV, Rover a few years ago, all the coal, steel etc, pretty soon what will this country offer the world? We dont even grow enough food to sustain ourselves anymore.

If you want to come around one evening for a couple of tesco's finest stumpy beers and a DVD / Wii then give me a shout :D

They always need AutoCAD users at my work...no idea what the pay is like and it looks bloody boring but shall I find anything out for you?!

Please Vix - can't hurt - even if it's only an X month contract sort of thing.

Back