What are we currently reading?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Hobbit is really short so you shouldn't have any trouble :D

I am re-reading The Three Musketeers due to lack to time to get to library but it's great fun :D

n1ck1984 said:
Getting even more into my Bangkok Ei8ght book.

It's about a buddhist monk/cop who goes on a revenge mission... sounding more like a steven seagal movie as each page turns. wonder if i get a free clip on Ponytail at the back....Might give this book the heeve actually. :roll:

This was my poolside holiday book a few years ago ........good, quirky novel. :cool:

I'm on the lookout for a good travel writer type book, any recommendations? (not Bryson, prefer people who go to more far flung undiscoved places!)

Sjoerd said:
Hidden Agendas - John Pilger. Definately an eye opener on your governments crimes against humanity in last few decades.. :roll:

Sounds interesting.. :)

But of course you're an intelligent person, so you'd know t's wrong to judge a people, race or nation, on it's politicians, or their policy...

Longyear said:
Sjoerd said:
Hidden Agendas - John Pilger. Definately an eye opener on your governments crimes against humanity in last few decades.. :roll:

But of course you're an intelligent person, so you'd know t's wrong to judge a people, race or nation, on it's politicians, or their policy...

True and I would be the last to denie that our country committed quite a few crimes as well in the last century. The main difference is that the impact is much less, because my country is much less powerful and has less military resources available.

It is wrong to judge, however all of us do it. Sometimes putting a sharp statement can make people open their eyes. If your interested I can absolutely recommend you this book. Or I can send it as an e-book if you want?

Sjoerd said:
Longyear said:
Sjoerd said:

True and I would be the last to denie that our country committed quite a few crimes as well in the last century. The main difference is that the impact is much less, because my country is much less powerful and has less military resources available.

It is wrong to judge, however all of us do it. Sometimes putting a sharp statement can make people open their eyes. If your interested I can absolutely recommend you this book. Or I can send it as an e-book if you want?

Thanks. I totally agree with you by the way. The only state that I think has had a more invasive, agenda-driven, self interested foreign policy than my own countries over the last 40 years is the US. But I don't judge the everyday American by the actions of people like Bush. :)

Thanks for the offer of the book - I'll pass on the ebook, as I love real books, so I'll pick up a copy as I'm looking for some new reading material. .... but thanks for the kind offer :thumbs:

Still wading through the fifth book in the Dance of Dragons/Game of Thrones series by George RR Martin...

Just havent been reading as much recently :(

I'm currently reading this thread, although to be fair I will probably be reading something else by the time you read this.

I have just got my first Proust book out of the local library. Haven't started it yet so have no comment to make other than I can't believe how long it's taken me to even take it out!

(I should point out that I have been reading, but generally trash and Evo!).

It's fairly rare that I haven't got a book on the go. I'm on my 11th so far this year (and so ahead of my 1 a week aim!)

Currently: Cursor's Fury by Jim Butcher.

I only ever seem to read when I'm on a plane. Currently nearly 10% through 1984 on my tablet whatsit. Does that still count as reading? :lol:

I bought a Kobo eReader recently to take on holiday with me, and I'm reading 'Quite Ugly One Morning' (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Quite-Ugly-Morning-Christopher-Brookmyre/dp/0349108854/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1339507634&sr=8-1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) on it now. Not bad so far :)

I finally finished Mr. Job's book last month - it only took me six months to read it all...

Back