What size brake discs do I need

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwood

Hi there,

I need to know what size brake discs are on my car it's a x reg 1.7 puma. Think 2000 reg

Does your car have 9 spokes or prop alloys?

9 spoke = 258mm

prop = 239mm

Most likely. Call / visit your local Ford parts desk and they'll tell you if you can't get a tape measure to it. Although you'll need to take the wheel off at some point to fit new pads. :lol:

Hi Dal
I wasn't having a go at you then but TBH his discs could be 240s, 260s, 280s or even 300s if he hasn't got standard wheels on so it's much easier for him to just go out and measure them.
Barry

Breakpoint is Feb 2000 so if you're registered on an X that could only be Sept earliest, so it'd need to sit around for 7 months before being registered to have the smaller ones.

Although build date is more reliable than reg date.

And getting under there with a tape measure is more reliable than all of the above ;)

Cheers people will take to garage at weekend to get
Some new brake pads and discs fitted.
Also anyone have a sportex exhaust as need new one but don't have to much to spend

I've found Sportex rust really quick, but that's only my experience.

If you need to replace the centre section only, Hoffman do a race tube which is a section without the silencer/resonator. Basically a straight through pipe.
I've also found they do a centre and rear box combo set, but can't remember how much.

Is Hoffman any good and don't want to sound like boy racer just want a sportier tone

Back