What the actual flip flop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red

Administrator
Staff member
:evil:

Driving home yesterday the Megane threw a complete wobbly, originally felt like the engine cover had come lose but after 5 seconds I knew it was much worse than that when it started sounding like an actual tank.

Pulled over ASAP to find that the coil had been blown out of the engine and was in two pieces, not sure where the spark plug is but I do now know that if an engines running without one in it sounds terrible!

So my friend came and rescued me with a tow rope and my car is now dead outside my house.

I assume the spark plug came loose although I don't know how this would happen, interestingly though this is the 3rd coil to have an issue on the same cylinder.

I don't really need any advice, just wanted to share.

Do you think a new spark and coil will fix it?

:pinkeye:

Well I need to check if part of the spark is still in it or not..

Couldnt be bothered last night, had a BBQ and a beer instead.

See? Basil Fawlty whacking his car with a tree branch doesn't seem so far fetched now, does it? :p

I like the bit about where he points out that he had already warned the car what would happen. (probably because I've also warned a few inanimate objects and plants in my time what they'd get if they still misbehaved.)

Arr the French car, style, elegance, and the ability to just quit at the first sign of a fight. Pugs just the same. Now how you feel.

I always felt that the 207 was calling me an English pig dog every time the clutch master cylinder went, still makes me :)

Back