What to buy if you find the new Focus ST too goppingly ugly

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
XIIVVX said:
I saw it more as the lovechild of the Hyundai coupe and the Mazda RX8. None the worse for that though.

Yep, I see the Hyundai in it now you mention it obviously from the front. Had to look hard and couldn't see the RX8 in it at all....until I scrolled down and saw the side on view and yes, very similar, especially the wheel arches/wings....lol.

Although I do have to mention that mines a 4 door saloon....lol.

yippeekiay said:
Astra was yes, but not so much the Corsa. In fact I was talking to a bunch of guys on a VXR meet at the Ring' and the Corsa's were consistently MUCH quicker round it than the Astra's simply because the Astra couldn't put it's power down properly. Only problem with the Corsa is the image i.e. a boy racers car.

The corsa has a new 'Nurburgring' edition complete with slippery diff and Bilstien suspension...

I'm no Vauxhall lover but have to admit it does look rather handy...

My problem is I don't really favour hot variants of anything. I'd much rather have something that has only a few variants if not just one size fits all.

Quite fitting seeing as I have a Puma which is fairly unique-ish-sort-of (now thinking there's actually 3 engines and a few special editions, then the FRP)....but, I have my RX which IS unique as it only comes in one flavour ;)

They do go mad with special editions sometimes. I wouldn't buy one, or an Astra. In fact there is not much in the current market that I would buy if I had the money I would be much more likely to spend on something rare and classic. Probably an FRP... :grin: Even my brothers MK1 FRS is ok in small doses but somehow lacks that exclusivity. I can never get away from the fact it's basically a family hatch with some go faster bits on - numbered plaque or not. Is pretty immense though...

Even the RX had more than one variant I thought Yip? Do get your point though :eek:k:

hmm i dont think id bother with any of the current crop of hot hatches, nothing on the modern day market really interests me, the astra looks nice but it'll just be a sea of black plastic inside with the now customary recaro buckets, focus will be the same...

id rather buy something with abit more about it, something like this...

1148166-4.jpg

I have to say it's increasingly likely my next car won't be a hot hatch at all. This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking

alfagtblackline.jpeg

Neil said:
I have to say it's increasingly likely my next car won't be a hot hatch at all. This is more along the lines of what I'm thinking

alfagtblackline.jpeg

V nice. My dad has just got a Guilletta in Black as his company wheels. Had a good drive and look over it the other day and it's very nice indeed.

How about this? http://www.zercustoms.com/news/images/Ford/2012-Ford-Fiesta-ST-Concept-1.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back