Whats my millennium worth?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunch1980

Have the possible opportunity to buy a small frugal car sooner rather than next year.
As this be a private buy would need to sell Puma privately to.
I am second owner i think maybe 3rd, been in my wifes family since new. Just under 45k. Wheel arches look good rust spots around door corners and general wear and tear marks etc.
steering wheel and leather overall good.
Will post pics to when take some.
Got the numbered key and badge to.

So whats it worth?

£1100-1500 depending on condition and service history probably?

Values vary wildly and it's mostly about how long you fancy waiting for a buyer at the higher end of prices.

Standard Pumas in immaculate condition are still fetching up to 2000 from what I've seen.

Thanks yea Id hope to get at least 1k for it really. Been serviced by me recently before that local garage and before that Ford garage I think.
Its not immaculate but in good nick, and not had anything apart from a back box replaced for MOT.

Has the cambelt been done? Any MOT advisories?

Speaking as someone who was in the market for a Puma again recently, it'll have to be in very good condition, mechanically and cosmetically, to get over £1000 privately. In your favour is it being a special edition including the number, since not all Millennium buyers went for that.

The low mileage in some ways can be a bit off putting, since some claim the engine dislikes lots of short journeys, but you'd expect that to tell by now if it were the case.

You can try holding out for £1000 if you're patient, it's had the belt done, and it's mechanically sound with few advisories and very little rust. If old belt, a number of advisories or noticeable but not extensive rust, £800 will be more around the mark.

Hi,
Yeah cam belt was done when I got the car 4 ears ago by my mate who owns garage, did have the old parts for a long time but chucked em when we moved house. I know it took a lot longer than they thought it would do, and had water pump done to.
Overall ok condition I think but then im no expert. I only do longish journeys really since had it, and runs just great.

Not had any advisories since I have had it. There is rust on the lower door corner sill part where its common for rust and just noticed dirvers side rear arch has started with a bubble but been no rust on them since had it.

Thanks for your input.

So Milly, numbered, small amount of rust, four year old cambelt, zero MOT advisories, very low mileage, private sale...personally I'd say £900-£1200, dependent on how dented/scratched the outside is and how long you're prepared to wait for a sale. £900 should see it go quickly, £1100/£1200 might take a while for the right buyer.

If less than six months MOT, consider getting it done again. A twelve month advisory-free MOT is a big selling point.

JopieBK said:
So Milly, numbered, small amount of rust, four year old cambelt, zero MOT advisories, very low mileage, private sale...personally I'd say £900-£1200, dependent on how dented/scratched the outside is and how long you're prepared to wait for a sale. £900 should see it go quickly, £1100/£1200 might take a while for the right buyer.

If less than six months MOT, consider getting it done again. A twelve month advisory-free MOT is a big selling point.

Yeah that about sums it up lol thanks, be worth putting up for 1100-1200 first then go from there. MOT is in May next year so sooner get on for sale better plan on touching up rust first and sorting the boot opening and a good clean/polish to.

Back