WHEEL CLEARANCE/ARCH MODIFICATION

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sax-puma

Does anyone know if the front arches can be trimmed down underneath as the inside seems to pertrude.

If you mean the inner arc, then yup - see this post:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=37846#p37846" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats a good link, thanks.

I hope I can get this sorted before my new yokohoma's get sliced!

Obviously the felt in the arch will need to be removed before the metal flange can be grided off...
How much difference will it make to the noise without the felt?
Also, the arches will lack a bit of protection, has this been a problem for anyone?

I've ran 17s with ET37 for 2 years and not had to do that mod. I just don't quite use full lock.

It's not full lock thats the problem, in fact it doesn't seem to rub at all on full lock.

The problem is when I have it round a corner, the wheel actually hits the metal flange (inner arc) therefore the clearance is problem vertically as oppose to horizontally.

not entirely sure but it can't be any lower than Dal's

Probably around 35mm?

I'm pretty sure it would be fine if it wasn't for that metal flange!

I'll upload the pics tomorrow.

Dal's is only about 20mm lower at the front, probably why he's not had to do that mod.
It's the back that's much lower which makes the car look lower overall.

i ground that bit on my arches ages ago when i put the mondeo wheels on as the flange was catching on my tyres before. now theres no rubbing :)

Gonna take it back to the garage on wednesday to get the flanges grinded, that way i can start having it round the back roads again!

Back