which puma is mine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luke

05/97-08/99 or a 08/99-05/02?
its a t reg.
is there a definative answer ie, it has 240 mm brakes off the older ones but it has no rear beam spacers and the nylon fuel hoses like the later one...
im lookin for a thermostat but dont know which one i want :?
thanks for the help

Microcat only lists:

82°C - Finis 1303374 (96MM 8575-A1A)

Listed for 15/08/1997 - 11/12/2001

Amended:
Ignore the 74°C one I listed earlier.

luke said:
05/97-08/99 or a 08/99-05/02?
its a t reg.
is there a definative answer ie, it has 240 mm brakes off the older ones but it has no rear beam spacers and the nylon fuel hoses like the later one...
im lookin for a thermostat but dont know which one i want :?
thanks for the help

If it's a T reg, then it can't be 08/99 - 05/02 as the V reg came in 09/99.

You could look your reg up on http://www.etis.ford.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and see it's build date? Normally a month or two before the registered date.

Or call / visit a Ford parts desk and ask them? Parts are sometimes not too dear for Pumas these days.

well ive been to my local motor factors and they were unsure so gave me a thermostat for 82°C, is this one for an earlier one or not?
could do with finding out before i take it to bits as the inlet manifold etc has to come off etc etc :/

Over the years, there have been 3 different Finis numbers used, but that one is the latest (and the only one available in 82 degrees, as far as I can see).
Give your local Ford dealer a call and see what he says. You can get the 74 degrees one still, but its the 82 degrees you need. Are the QH two different temperatures?

Back