Wind Up or Paranoid Rant.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nippydee

I see myself as a relatively patient person, with no plans to show my tenacity or often scarily confidence (shown when dealing in business, thats it - business is...) However...of late there seems to be alot of anger, alot of winding up and unkindness out there.
Am I paranoid?
A visit to the local pub recently drew conversations among the locals' taking the piss out of my passtime (Puma etc, they saw the vinyl) and also about my general enquiry to find a plumber..why? Has the art of normal conversation bypassed some people? Politeness maybe?
I really hate being wound up - my short term memory is bad now as you all know why, to think that while I can hold a fairly decent conversation and discourse knowledgeably about most things - there are alot who (no names) think its amusing to poke fun/take the piss/wind up and generally argue the toss. Why?

Now it has to be said, and again - no names - but the unkind, backstabbing piss taking and unkindness seems to have raised its ugly head even on here! I am not a victim, though ive been close.
Moderators - I do not intend to flame, I feel for you having to constatly delete/quote/edit and ban. And the guilty parties know who they are take heed...stop it please! Your giving me a headache and to be quite frank putting me off visiting.
I feel low enough, pretty shit really - so thankyou for putting up with my ranting!

Its the current world we are in Tina

It shouldn't eb like that but sad truth is that we do

As Scott said Tina, i have noticed the same in life (not here), where people seem to exist in their own zones, and if you dont conform, then you get the rise taken out of you.

I trained myself to just blank it out, railway work helped, it took a lot to just stand and smile constantly at an irate passenger, without getting asaulted hopefully, believe me.

Hang in there, and if you get any more grief here, then notify Admin, naming names.

This is a Forum for Puma owners to discuss most things, relating to whatever you wish, not a bullying school playground.

Chin up Tina. Just got to try and ignore the ignorant ones.

As I said to you earlier, if you (or any other member of course) get any hassle from people here, then don't hesitate to contact any of the mod team (Me, Red, Cherie or Neil) and we'll do something about it.

We take great pride that this forum is a friendly place without the aggression and tension sometimes associated with internet clubs / forums. Hopefully anyway. :)

Thanks guys. Its not that anyone has deliberately said or done anything on here - its the general ill feeling with all the sniping that seems to be going on..in alot of posts/threads of late.

But apart from that, the main thing is that PumaPilot is right about life...
where people seem to exist in their own zones, and if you dont conform, then you get the rise taken out of you.

Naive to a point, I get alot of just that, the mick taken out of me.
I natter/witter on - yes but I tend to hang onto words as im often in pain or feel forgetful - it helps control my train of thought. I say daft things without thinking. I can look really angry when my face is in repose without meaning to.

Without sounding too sensitive, it really helps that I have a interest such as this to keep me sane! Not a know it all or technical wizard I just like conversing with like minded people and I thank the creators for that - and urge users who feel like a backstab/piss take/wind up or unkind catty word to think again before posting.

Im off to have a bloody good cry - cos today is a low one.

Hey Tina never forget that others are the same, therefore you are not alone, feel free to post here, and if anyone objects, that's their hard luck, Dal has told you the answer to any problems you have here.

Crying will make you feel better, but never forget that you have friends here, from all walks of life, some of us have been through a lot worse, and are older and wiser for it too.

Chin up m'dear, when we eventually meet one day, you'll get a hug from me :eek:

Chin up Tina. You have friends here :) dont matter what other people think or do, long as your happy in what you do. They think I'm mad at work keepin Chickens but I keep telling them I work with you turkeys :)

Just to mirror what every 1 else has said Tina chin up, youv'e got more friends here than the 'piss takers' have and alot more respect :)
Ive experienced it before aswell and its not nice so I understand but it gets to a point when I just think 'whatever you stupid little person' and have learnt to ignore it as ive had a good 15 yrs of it from being in public care...

Your a great person Tina :) with a kind heart and don't you forget that... most people these days are just jealous for the things you have and they never will...

Chin up chuck :hug:

Thank you very very much for all the kind words, all of you. In my heart I have started to feel better but im struggling so much right now - my soul isnt up to it.
The last day and a half has been very quiet, Steve took time off to be with me but the walls seem to close in and I struggle to breathe cant stop crying and shaking and God but the pains seem so bad, numb dull achey throbbing. Why the hell am I so down? Why wont it stop....wtf is the matter with me?
Today im going to try work up some enthusiasm for the weekend, but im so shattered inside and out we will have to see. Its lovely to have friends and right now I feel like your all that ive got really x So for that ive got to get up, make an effort and clean the rust bucket Pips is turning into, and pray that it doesnt rain too much outside as well as me.
I will come back, its a matter of when, but im so far down it feels like the climb will do me in

meets are about enjoying time with friends who share the same passion chuck :)

clean or not... noone cares :)

Effort made to heavy myself out of bed, out of the house only to get piss wet through! :-( Pretty odd day as two fella's in a Cougar drew along side my drive and stared at me and Pips...

However a plus for today is that I have 4 new tyres and a huge bunch of flowers! :)

See you tomorrow hopefully everyone, ill see how I feel x

Hey Nippy! :-D

Your observations are sound. Without rolling off a huge list i'll just let you know like yourself, i also see/hear these things.

Am not even old but i remember a time where there would only be one or two party poopers or misery guts around town,pubs and clubs. But now it seems there an awful lot of mutants who try and pass themselves as human by being ignorant about everyone and everything.

these folk are ''Nothing more than a pimple on yer erse'' as they say up here.

God knows what it would be like to live life in ignorance so keep soldiering on and doing what you love to do! :-D

Back