windshield wipers relay ford puma 10/2000

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

umnick

Hey i have a Puma from 10/2000 and i have a problem with the windshield wipers ,the problem is that i cannot turn them off ,i can only turn them off if i pull the fuse out.
I ve been looking for the relay in my car and i still havent founf it.
Can anyone help me figuring out where the relay is?

If you have not found the relay in the fuse box under the bonnet, then you need to look on the back of the interior fuse box.

Yes.. on the back!
When you remove the interior fuse box cover you will see 2 black cross head screws. You need to remove them screws so the fuse box will tip backwards. it will need to be lifted slightly to unhook it so it can be pulled away from it's mounting hole.
Lower the fuse box and gently flip it over to reveal the relays.

This is a rare problem . However I would have thought that the problem is with the wiper switch itself.
After removing the steering column cover the indicator and wiper assembly is held in iirc with 1 vertical screw. It would certainly be worth trying to spray some contact cleaner on the wiper switch contacts if they become accessible when moving the lever up or down whilst its off.

It is extremely rare for a relay to stick on , when they usually fail they won't energise at all.

Latest posts

Back