Winter Prep - who's done it already?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doin mine this weekend draining all fluids,, and under sealing,, and covering over any rust untill I get my resprey in febury,, untill then my cars off the road and I'm driving my fiat punto daily :(

done mine... washed it with some water and parked it down the side of my house where it will remain until the rockingham track day

Been doing mine for two days now but haven't actually touched the car yet. Clearing the mass of abandoned furniture, baby car seats (these have been breeding I swear it), old greenhouse doors etc out of the garage and re-arranging it. Hopefully, I'll actually be able to use it to store the Puma in soon...

i dont get this winter prep stuff if im honest, i can kind of get my head round it if you own a prestige car, bentley, ferrari, porsche etc and dont want to use it in the winter, but puma's are 10 a penny now and i know there our cars, mine has probably had more spent on it then most peoples on here but i still dont worry about it being "prepared for winter".

its covered in builders foam and brick dust at the minute... cant see it being cleaned any time soon either

My RX was prepared last year good and proper. Went out on Friday and it was the first time it's been taken out in the rain since I bought it, only ever had a few spits and spats before from very light showers. Anyway, the beading on it was very clear and I noticed it more when I popped into Tesco as all the cars around had no beading whatsoever so I guess it's still prepared enough for winter even though it was done a year ago. ;)

Roary is as ready as he gets....5 hours today......Autoglym shampoo/conditioner..Silver metallic TCut restorer( he needed it!)...Autoglym resin polish....Autoglym wax...I reckon he looks ready to go out now !!!..............ready for that salt that`s coming anyway

woah this is breathing life into an old thread, I keep putting off treating my rust which I REALLY shouldnt, too cold now again, going to defo either get rid of arch linings or cut an inch off the outside edges of them all so their not touching before it starts snowing though, if its lucky it will get a coating megs#16 or nattys..

My preparation included putting on the mudflaps to protect the bodywork at least from my own chipstones…. :shock:
I put on the original ones and quite like the 'finnish' look :lol:

Oh, yes, I do intend to take them off in spring

This has been the extent of my winter prep:

I can see where I'm going in the dark now.

I think it'd look truly fantastic if they only opened half that height Neil! :wink:

red said:
I think it'd look truly fantastic if they only opened half that height Neil! :wink:

My car is equipped with a 'chav' switch that does just that. It doesn't get used much ;-)

Back