World Cup, semifinals England vs. Croatia

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wild E. Coyote

Puma Supporter
Well, as the topic says. May the better team (i.e. Croatia :grin: ) win in semifinals.

IBelgium will be the champion as they have so far played the best footbal IMHO...

Hi Sinisa
We've done well with the draw to get so far so I don't expect anything better..... may the best team win! But if the final is full of players rolling around and cheating as if their legs have been chopped off I will really feel robbed (as a Rugby fan).
The Croatia team is really talented so it wouldn't surprise me if they win.
Barry

Yes, Barry, I agree with you 100 percent! I am a hard ice hockey fan where you play with broken ribs, if needed, so all the acting by (mostly) South American players I took almost as personal insult. And that is why I don't respect Neymar at all; he may be talented, but it was such a waste of talent and time with all the falling and rolling as if he had epilepsy...
Anyway, your team has taken corners and all the other game breaks to another level with their moving around almost to a pick 'n' roll level from basketball. And I like the eneregy your player s bring to every game, but you miss a Gascoigne in the midfield to stop once in a while and do SOMETHING with the ball...

And about everything else, I really do think Belgium played spectacular against Brasil. Haazard was unstoppable, Lukaku is like a tank with speed of a ferrari etc... They are the favorites IMHO

Hi Sinisa.
I thought of you when it became clear it was to be England vs Croatia in the semi final.
I hope for a good sporting game and that Croatians don`t cry easily lol.

Where i live, rugby league is the biggest game, (even on the edge of Manchester)
To see footballers reactions to sometimes non contact makes the game a joke. (although I instantly start supporting the opposite team)

Best of luck for Wednesday (not too much though)
And I agree, I think Belgium are the team to beat.
Stu.

Hi Stu,

I was thinking how to prevent that acting. The time should run only when the game is actually played, same as in ice hockey or basketball. If the ball/puck is out, the time stops. Every whistle by the referee, the time stops. So if a player is given a foul, time stops. The actual halftime should most probably be shortened to 35 mins per period, but all the acting would instantly become pointless, as the time would be stopped.

Just my 2p

And about the game tomorrow: I am happy already. We have come to semifinals, played some excellent games and if we lose tomorrow because England outscored us, fair enough. I just hope for a nice and fair game and may the better team win. If our players give it all and it is not enough, nothing can be held against any of them.
It goes without saying, if we lose the game to England, I will be rooting for England to bring it home...

I have to say that we are all impressed by your coach Southgate who congratulated EACH of our players and our coach after the game. That was the act of a true gentleman and a real fair play that we all should practice more (Messi springs to mind who rushed to the locker room after defeat without saying a thing). -clap-clap-clap!

I truly wish you all the best against Belgium to bring home the world cup bronze. Your team is so young, on next World cup you will be a real force!

It was a good game, we had a few good opportunities to increase the lead early on but it wasn't to be. Good luck in the final :cool:

and yes I think Southgate is doing a great job.

A big day for you today! I wish you all the best and to settle score with Belgium (although the first game was not a proper game in true sense of the word; you know what I mean). What is the story with Trippier? Will he be playing today?
Go Three lions today!

Thanks for the support :cool:

It was a good game but Belgium created the better opportunities for sure.

Hard luck yesterday, I was rooting for Croatia but it wasn't to be. They'd been behind most of the competition at the start so anything could have happened up until the last.

Arghhh, don't rub salt in the wound... The first goal was after a non-existent foul (the ref bought the Grizzman act) and the penalty was harsh. I don't dispute the fact that Perišić was hit with ball in his hand, but it was not intentional and did not affect the outcome of that action in any way....
Shit happens. We'll be better in our next finals in another 20 years :| :|

Just to show what i t was like yesterday at our main square when Perišić scored...

The image says it all....

ZOYJFyU.jpg

England had a massive golden opportunity to get to the finals. Being in the finals, well luck can play with us, we could have won!
HOWEVER, we must not praise England too much, why?
Four facts:
1. The easiest path to a finals, ever!
2. A young team is still developing, hopefully, BUT France's team are even younger!
3. So called other "great" teams were knocked out, under-performed, and were all on Belgium's side of the draw, see point 1.
4. Sterling, our second striker is very, very poor, he is a sprinter, not a football player. Check out his game against Croatia in the second half and his stats full stop.

Sorry to be a downer!

Well I've never got the young team argument other than being able to handle pressure. Generally younger players should be fitter and faster.

I agree with you about Sterling, he can make some good runs but his finishing needs to improve.

Latest posts

Back