worn ARB bushes...Are they hard to change out..??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dwighet

Guys I need to change out my ARB bushes...It looks tight in there...
Is there a trick to get at them?

Thanks

They are a little fiddley to do as you cant remove the rear bolt on the brackets properly. The way I do it is to remove the front bolt and then loosen the back one as far as you can, then bend the bracket up just enought to slide out the old bush and slip in the new one, then you need to bend the bracket back down and get the front bolt back in and after that tighten them both back down. Like I said its a bit of a pain to do but not really that hard :)

lusid666 said:
They are a little fiddley to do as you cant remove the rear bolt on the brackets properly. The way I do it is to remove the front bolt and then loosen the back one as far as you can, then bend the bracket up just enought to slide out the old bush and slip in the new one, then you need to bend the bracket back down and get the front bolt back in and after that tighten them both back down. Like I said its a bit of a pain to do but not really that hard :)
Apart from dropping the subframe an inch or two, this is the only way to do it.The worst bit is getting the front bolt lined up and started in the thread again.
If you do drop the subframe then you'll need the tools to re-align it.
Paul

Well thanks Guys for replies..
I will tackle it on the weekend without dropping the subframe...

I tend to try and tie this job in with refurbing the suspension arms too... gives you a bit more room and access..

I do undo the subframe and wiggle it about a bit ...tend to replace the bracket and bolts too and then re-torque the subframe up to 120nm and use the SPX alignment pins...

Bending the bracket can distort the shape of it which probably means the new ones may not last as long as they should.. :idea:

Chris

dhabVz.jpg

FPVqoJ.jpg

Back