Yay passed MOT whoop

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunch1980

Had to laugh though as no advisories this year where as last year had, corrosion on rear brake lines and play in a front bush not excessive. Done at my mates garage to same place.

Said car still looking good, overall and being on 44k helps. Still reckon the body will go before engine to! lol

it is a good feeling, mine just passed with no advisory other than brake lines corroded last week also. So i decided this year i will finally weld in my new rear arches

Yea sure is, and everyone been saying get rid as I don't use like daily. I need to look more closely at rust, I think my arches are ok well atleast nothing visible yet, got rust at bottom rear corner on sills where its typical to and roof tiles came off roof and did damage in winds early in year to. Need to rub down and re-touch up.

I am sure since parking on a sloped drive water is getting in some where as rear window often mists up!

Check the carpet in the boot and see if it's wet. If it is, it could be getting in through the rear lights or (like mine) the rear wiper grommet is leaking (pretty easy to fix).

Check the carpet in the boot and see if it's wet. If it is, it could be getting in through the rear lights or (like mine) the rear wiper grommet is leaking (pretty easy to fix).

Also use a bit of silicon sealent around the grommet to stop any leaks getting into it. Plus my cat C Puma passed it's MOT yesterday. Look at my thread.

Is that cause its faulty or gone off?

I did read some where they recommended replacement after 10yrs but does anyone do that?
Mines like 14 now!

It's the module that controls the restraint system. If you unhook the little inspection cover inside the top of the glovebox, it's just in there.

Craze really the EU are now saying that cars that are tax exempt won't need to have an MOT every year?

Not exactly. It used to be that cars made before 1974 were tax exempt, but now it's a rolling 40 year exempt.It's only cars made before 1960 that are MOT exempt

Back