Multi-Core Radiator?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SaintGrimm

Before I ended up in the Puma, I have been around the block with cars (BM's, Honda's, Lexus') and one good upgrade is always the radiators (or intercoolers when running boost).

I have had a gander on some websites and can't find any multi-core alloy radiators :(

My Puma has the common fault of a wayward temp gauge so I have a heating control valve on order from CES and a new thermostat in my glove box (the garage said it doesn't need doing but I beg to differ - I'd rather have it done and know it's well).

But I was thinking, I'd rather have the complete peace of mind when I do open the taps, that the Puma isn't going to cook.

So can anyone suggest a decent radiator-maker? As I can't find any alloy ones and they did wonders when dispersing the heat from our lexus Soarer.

will they fit the Puma body without modification? i know they share parts but i would have thought the physical mountings would differ?

I think you should consider whether you really need this radiator,and consider that the lack of an easily findable double core radiator for a Puma might indicate people i.e. the marketplace haven't found a need for one.

Puma's do seem to have more than their fair share of heating probs, airlocks, HCV's causing probs they technically shouldnt, leaks and the rest, but so long as the parts are in good condition and it has no airlocks it should be up to any use your putting it to.

Unless its heavily modified.

I dont know what HCV CES are supplying but a genuine Ford HCV is definately reccomended.

if you are having temp problems a new radiator wont sort, there is nothing wrong with the oem radiator, my temp guage stays fixed in the middle even after hard track sessions, and im just running an oem rad.

Id spend your time looking at why its wayward, fit that new thermostat and hcv, if its still problematic it could be your waterpump

the part about the track helps put my mind at rest :) due to the ripspeed regalia dotted about my puma that came with it- I can't help but assume it's all going downhill! :(

i remember reading (it could have been on here) about certain HCV's not being up to standard. any ideas off the top of your collective heads how much a ford hcv is? as I don't get a discount there.

afterthought edit;
weirdly, when the temp begins to climb, if I pass 4000rpm (driving or just tapping the clutch for a second) the temp goes back down.

Its about this much

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-heater-control-valve-1997-2001-Genuine-/280703041729?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415b3480c1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

standard single pass alloy radiators are available for the puma and have been for many years.

not really needed though.

the S1600 used a standard ford mondeo radiator with plastic end caps. FINIS code 1058734. roughly £50 upwards for a new one.

or you can waste £300 on a an alloy one......

All but the most highly modified pumas will be fine on the standard set up.

SaintGrimm said:
the part about the track helps put my mind at rest :) due to the ripspeed regalia dotted about my puma that came with it- I can't help but assume it's all going downhill! :(

i remember reading (it could have been on here) about certain HCV's not being up to standard. any ideas off the top of your collective heads how much a ford hcv is? as I don't get a discount there.

afterthought edit;
weirdly, when the temp begins to climb, if I pass 4000rpm (driving or just tapping the clutch for a second) the temp goes back down.

if it goes down with higher revs suggests to me it could be the waterpump, see my guide in how tos on how to replace

Latest posts

Back