Hey everyone + Question

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blakey87

Hi everyone thanks for the great site already learnt a lot about the ford puma after spending a couple minutes reading the forum\

I was just wondering how I know if my Puma has heated mirrors, their electric, but are they heated?

I have a 1997 1.7 model

Thanks everyone

Heated, if you have heated front screen. On your car it was classed as the Lux pack

So no heated mirrors thats cool then thanks everyone, I think ill be buying the the glove light so I can add that in, Iv had a corsa for 3 years so imagine my excitement with the puma, big step up for me!

Welcome along :eek:k:

You might find the puma a bit more fun than the corsa :lol:

Any other questions, then feel free 8)

cheers I want to get some alloys and a system for the back

Is it wise to change the front cassette player, it says cd changer on there but theres no cd changer does that mean it been removed?

Would it be hard to put the amp in the back in terms of the wiring?

I know these have already probably been asked, but it keeps things fresh :)

I assume you have a 5000 cassette radio up front then? You can get a multichanger to put in the boot or something, and that HU can control it. Doesn't mean it's been taken out as it was an option. (They come up on ebay now and then - normally go for anything from £50 - £100)

Have a look -->here<--for my ICE install thread. Tricky to add an amp to the Ford HU, but not impossible using Speaker inputs available on some amplifiers.

Hello and welcome. :eek:k:

All the cassette and CD players say it on the front, just means it's compatible.

If you're getting aftermarket alloys, have a think about what size you're going to go for:
15" are a straight swap for the standard alloys.
17" have the potential to make the ride harder, but will improve your mpg (slighter larger total circumference - Dal is the resident expert on that) and handling.
16" is a good compromise, but there isn't as much of a selection available.

If you're going for 16" or 17", you will probably want to consider lowering the car, as it'll look like a moon buggy. ;)

Cool stuff thanks for the advice guys, I really appreciate the fast responses, the puma is a cool car, Ill post some pics up of the before and after pics

I saw some neat 15 inch allows on ebay, the one below
ee6a_1.JPG

How you think those would look on a blasck puma

I head that 16 inch are hard to get tyres for since their not that common, any truth in that cherie, ill check out your other thread too thanks dal

No idea to be honest. I can imagine that tyres for 16" could be more difficult to get in your normal tyre places like Kwik Fit, one of the best places to get any tyres is online (such as http://www.blackcircles.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) . For standard 15" alloys (195/50 15) I can get Pirelli P5000 for £34.86 each, which is about half of what Kwit Fit will charge for the same tyres.

Personally, i'm not keen on spindly looking alloys, so I wouldn't go for them, but things like that are a personal choice. Only you can say what kind of alloys you'd like on your car.

Ok cool

About the above alloys I think they would look good, but Im not certain

Thanks for your help cherie

Hi Blake welcome to the site :)

I think those alloys would look reasonably cool :D

should do a mock up in photoshop or similar of them fitted :)

Glad you are finding the site useful, is that a 1997 on a P plate?

Thats a good Idea red thx,I cant use a phtoshop but I know someone who can ill get them to do it for me

Its a R reg

Yea the sites really useful :)

Look forward to seeing your R plater. Gotta love the original ones.. Best supporting seats of all of them in my opinion.

hi and welcome mate. i think the alloys will look good, but as said previously the choice is yours.

post up some pics 8)

Thanks Mike, ill check phtoshop when I see my friend, then Ill more then likely go ahead and get them, no pics yets but ill get some once I get hose alloys, and add them to the gallery

Helpfull little post here to help with uploading pictures to our gallery:

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?t=1632" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

welcome! :)

My Puma is 1.6 and it has elec windows,mirrors and heated screens. Does this mean it has the Lux pack?

EDIT- I think it has the Lux Pack 6000.

Back