Standard 15" to 17" comparison

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dal

Administrator
Staff member
Standard 15" propellor alloys on the front : 17" Fox alloy on the rear. It's been lowered as well on Weitecs.

15front17rear3.jpg

Looked a bit odd though!

do the 17"s go on with out having to roll the arches.
and if they do what size tyres to avoid rubbing 205/40s???

Yes they do fit on without any modification.

I'm not sure of tyre sizes but Dal will be along shortly no doubt!

Yup - 205/40/17 tyres. Funnily enough, the toyos I have on at the moment have a subtle profile difference to the Avon ZZ3s I had before. Less 'square' so they are less likely to rub anyway.
The most important ting is the offset really. Pumas can go between about ET34 (that's what standard props are) up to about ET38. My 17s are ET37 so don't stick out too far. Nothing rubs :D

Gotta get it lowered a bit if you want to get away from the 'moon buggy' looks. Mines about -40mm at the front -45mm at the rear :eek:k:

Would it be possible to fit higher profile tyres on 15" propellor wheels on the rear,to fill the arches more,or does it not work like that?

Possibly. I know you can put 215/40/17 on the rear rather than 205/40/17.

Jack up the rear of your car and see how much clearance there is between your tyre and the shock. Not only will higher profile tyres be higher, they'll most likely be a bit wider too (as they're going on the same width of wheel and the car still weighs the same)

But you really need the silver bit of your wheel higher up into your arches to make it seem fuller, rather than black tyre.

Mine will look fuller as they are 17's and lowered.. It's the lowering that helps as much as the 17.

Found this:

15low15std17low17lowabit16low.jpg

By way of comparison and from left to right:

Black : Std 15" propellers, lowered about 35mm
Black : 15" alloys, not lowered
Silver: 17" alloys, lowered about 40mm
Cuirass : 17" alloys, lowered about 20-30mm
Yellow : 15" alloys, lowered about 35mm (coilovers so adjustable)

Yup - just couldn't see the wheels so didn't mention it ;)

Latest posts

Back