Kizza (FibreBuild)

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old thread resurrection!!

I've bought a set of replacement rear arches as below and I've worked out that they are probably made by the same person as mentioned in this thread. Now hopefully everything will be OK, they will be decent enough quality (there are a lot more positive feedback than the odd neutral or negative) and when I show them to the people that I'm going to get to do the repairs they will say that they are fine and good to use but if they say that they aren't worth the effort and a waste of money I will intend on returning them. I know that as he is listing himself as a private seller he doesn't have to comply with the distance selling regulations as far as Ebay is concerned but can anyone confirm that as he is manufacturing a product with the intention of selling it to make a profit (I'm assuming he's not doing it to do anyone a favor) that he is legally a business regardless and would have to comply whether he likes it or not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Puma-rear-arch-replacement-panels-/172017901731?hash=item280d10e0a3:g:5V8AAOSwPhdU2TNC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yes gigglebug, this is the same seller.
It seems to be luck of the draw regarding his stuff,
hope you luck out...

Just for reference.
Ebay id is:- ribenaberryshakin

Yep, hopefully it will be OK and nothing to worry about (shouldn't it be luck in though?). I even had a brief message conversation with him when I placed the order to say that I was in no desperate hurry to get them as I won't be having the work done until the winter months are out of the way so I was prepared to wait for a perfect set. We'll see, I just know that the people who are doing the work have high standards so might take one look and dismiss them if they are too shoddy looking

Well the replacement arches have turned up and they are about as good as could be expected for the money, certainly a whole lot better than the ones in the pictures on the previous page which look horrible in comparison. I took them immediately to show the body shop who will be doing the work to get their opinion as I intended to return them straight away if they were not happy with the quality and were not prepared to use them. They have worked on a ladies puma earlier in the year who had supplied Puma Schmeide's arches which I know would have been £90 to import (£20 of which would have been bank fee's which is a little bit shite!) so was interested to hear how they compared. They said that even though they were not quite as good as the Puma Schmeide versions (one is obviously formed by hand, the other on a proper press) they weren't that much worse and both suffered from the same inherent problem of a) being a bit bobbley and b) being flat so time (and money) would be needed to form them to the correct shape and make them smooth enough, especially where the bend is. Considering I paid roughly half the price of the Puma Schmeide version it seems to have been the better choice at the moment and they said it wouldn't be worth paying the extra. They did however say that they would order in a couple of 206 wings to see if they would end up being the more cost effective solution if they required less man hours to fit. We will see about that but as it stands I can't add anything to the Kizza bashing

Would be interested to see photos of these newer arches from Kizza - glad to hear he's got a bit better at it; he'd have to try really hard to do any worse!

Also, I don't know what this bobbly business is all about - I personally handled about 30 sets of the Puma Schmeide ones and each one was perfectly formed and smooth as a baby's bottom.

I'll try to upload a few photo's over the weekend. Maybe I misunderstood and he was only referring to bobblyness on the Kizza arches but either way they said there wasn't enough difference to justify returning them and having the Puma Schmeide arches exported and I would have happily gone that route if they had have recommended me to

Pictures as promised. Not amazing maybe but a good step up from the ones on the previous page

http://s975.photobucket.com/user/gigglebug39/library/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back