2.0Ltr Throttle Body, Anyone Had Problems?.

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigal82

hi everyone

Has anybody that has fitted a 2.0ltr Mondeo throttle body had any problems with the idle afterwards??.

Reason I ask is because I'm getting my inlet manifold custom made and the manifold needs to be port matched to the same size as the throttle body I'm getting.

The bloke making it tells me the Mondeo one aids with more air flow and torque but my mechanic Ollie says the last couple he has fitted wouldn't idle properly due to the tps being slightly different.

Anyone had any problems??.

Thanks alan.

Fit the Puma TPS and you should have no trouble (think you'll find they're the same anyway). Never had any trouble with mine idling, perhaps your TPS is sticking.

ive not got it fitted yet, the inlet manifold is being made this week.

ok mate will do that, its just for the future as the track puma will be getting more power than my frp in the next 6 months so may as well get the better flowing throttle body while i can.

only reason i can see it causing slight idle problems is because its getting more air?? but if youve had no problems then thats a good sign,

ill get one ordered, hes going to do me a knife edged one so that should help when i have it properly mapped :)

I might be getting rid of mine shortly, that's if I can find the original (the missus has filed it away under "LOST"). I'm getting no idle problems, it's just using WAY too much juice.

ive given up on fuel lol. ive got all frp engine running gear apart from the inlet manifold so its quite juicy already. is yours knife edged or anything??

let me know as i could swap you ?.

Yes mate, it's had the full Jacko treatment, complete with the cable holder. I've got the original, I've just got to hypnotise the missus so the dozy cow will remember where she's put the bloody thing! It's cost me about 35 quid so far (20 for the TB and a bottle of Vodka for Jacko to do it for me)

ok let me know asap as ill buy it off you. as if not ill have to buy the one off the manifold builder and he wants stupid money for the ported one.

alan.

i 'knife-edged' mine.....ie the brass butterfly was thinned on the non sealing side, dont think i did for anyone else tho as if take off to much it wont seal and wont idle....

he may mean knife edging as putting the sharp edge on the inlet pipe...ie chamfering it to about 15 degrees or porting it

in the words of my engine builder...'i dont do 'stages' its all boll*cks, you either have it tweeked or full race spec!!!'

some mondeo butterlfies have a small hole to help idle, puma doesnt so i fill them.

make sure the linkage has been drilled out properly or its stiff and that affects the idle

ideally you need to thin the spindle for better airflow too altho later ones already have that...

hope it helps

perhaps a picture wuld help ... so the throtle body goes on 1 on 1 ....no other changes neded ...driling new holes exc ....

oky ..now ..wich year of the mondeo is the right one 93 - 98 soo i dont buy the rong one :? ore newer models :?

could you spell check that lot please mate?!

iv got a few threads on it in the how to area

Latest posts

Back