2 years of wear and tear on my coilovers

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOK

Weitec GT height adjustable, that's corrosion- not dirt on them and rust on the springs...

coilovers.jpg

Still function fine.

F a duck!

Corrosion and rust after 2 years? That's crap!

Dont they come with a guarantee? Seem to remember something about that on the PS webiste, assuming thats where you got them.

is it 2 years already??? I have the same as setup as yours... tried adjusting them the other day and I simply used loads of WD40, use a tooth brush, more WD40 and then start adjusting with the tool... (tip: wear thick gloves if you dont want your knuckles to be skinned. Skinned due to the adjusting tool slipping and your knuckles/hand rubs against the arch guard....)

At least when the corrosion has been brushed off, the car will be lighter.

:p

I won't be adjusting the height so noty worried about it for now.

I reckon a wire brush should get them clean enough...

Just amazed how they looked like they would never corrode when new but they sure have now.

IIRC the warranty may be one or two years. Thing is, what do I do when they are sent away, unless they do advanced replacement :? And then there's the labour of having them fitted again...

I have my doubts that surface corrosion will be covered by any sort of warranty- they function fine which is all I'm worried about.

I only put the pics up for illustration purposes...

As long as they still function fine I guess thats the main thing, but it might put a few people off getting a Weitec kit fitted if they end up like this after just two years!

In retrospect I could have treated them with a very light film of oil to prevent serious corrosion, as it happens they haven't been touched at all!

I am not surprised, the coilovers on my old car were mashed after 2 years. I dont trust anyone saying the are good for road use, they are just not strong enough!!!

Back