319 For Sale

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi new_horizon, please don't take this the wrong way, I know how bad you must be feeling, but did the seller insist on a bank transfer of a grand deposit? Was paypal not an option?
If so, did you not smell a rat, having not actually seen the car?
I know paypal can seem a bit greedy taking 10% of transfers but at least you're protected.
I was once scammed for about 300 quid for concert tickets, fortunately I paid via a well known credit card company and they had no hesitation in refunding my money, then they tried to recover it.
Anyone who sells via ebay and refuses paypal payments (especially for a small deposit) is a bit suspect to me and should be avoided.
Paul

Found this on a Subaru forum...

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCMQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fm.scoobynet.com%2Fshowthread.php%3Fp%3D11517583%26styleid%3D26&ei=Zu07VJfmBsnd7Qau6oGwBQ&usg=AFQjCNESS1i-RM9Lx2TKIcskuQy_YlP8Mw&sig2=HCGRrmM9BwOurMjx-KJk7w" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Looks like he's done this before and even worse, eBay have done NOTHING about it. Fuming now. Yes I should not have sent the money, but surely they have a duty of care to their customers to act on this sort of thing?! Beyond ridiculous... currently sat on hold to talk to eBay now about it and fairly certain they will not do anything about it. Amazing how nobody - from the banks to eBay will assume responsibility for even part of this.

I can't beleive the ad is still live. I've reported it, you've reported it. Crazy. Your bank may be able to help, but only if the bank the funds went to are prepared to help too

Completely agree on the "shouldn't send money via bank" rule, but I have done this several times before with good intention and honesty on both sides. I've never encountered anyone who sends out an address, name, phone number (I'll ask for landline from now on) and bank details before and not been genuine. I deal with people on good faith and have never been stung before across multiple transactions when trying to avoid Paypal charges for the seller.

Just got off the phone to ebay and after telling them what had happened - acknowledging that I have no protection from them as I used a bank transfer method - they said "You're not covered as it was a classified ad". After telling them that I had just told them this, I asked them exactly what they had done with the previous complaint and what their policies and procedures were for dealing with a seller like this and a complaint like mine. They said that they would escalate it onto "high management" and I said that I'd like to speak to higher management - sadly they don't take phone calls from members! I asked why and it was just a case of "they don't take calls from members" over and over again...BUT...you can contact them...by POST! In the modern day...post! I asked where they were based...Ireland...what a joke. I'd love to make idle threats that I will hold eBay accountable for this, but let's face it, they won't do anything. My £1000 to them is nothing and my voice to them (and those who have been stung by the same guy) are equally nothing.

you have the address of the house that is in the pictures? to go ask for explanations ?

I think the house and pictures were quite genuine, once.
Mt guess is that this eBay account has been hacked and a few details changed. I can't see, what would appear to be a sucsessful criminal, leaving a blatant trail to his own door.
it'd probably be an impossible task to find this cock, he/she/they could be anywhere in the world!

Sorry to say this, but I think you'll never see your money again and every penny you spend in phone calls and letters will be just as fruitless.
Move on my friend, live and learn.

Anyone fancy bidding on his Ford Mustang... I'm going to bid £100k so if anyone tops me good luck to you ;-) (on a serious note, if eBay won't interject, I'm going to make sure that nobody else will fall for it)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1965-FORD-MUSTANG-FASTBACK-289CU-4-SPEED-MANUAL-/291263295209?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item43d0a52ee9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I just made contact with a innocent question.
I'm up for fucking him about. He deserves it.
We could even get somewhere towards identifying him...

Just need to wait until nearer the end of the auction - otherwise he can cancel bids :) Think you can surpass by £100k?!

I`m trying to look genuinely interested,
with this being an auction he has to offer paypal as a method of payment!
I`m just going to see if he digs himself a wee hole..
I`ll reply every answer with more questions (apparently the (supposed) car isn`t even in the country yet, so I can think of a few posers!)

Update...

The Mustang listing has disappeared, its not even in his completed listings so ebay may have wiped it.
FRP 319 is still `available` though if anyones interested...

If you`ve not read the whole thread, dont try to buy, its a con :twisted:

Well it's finally happened...

All of this arseholes Ebay listings have ended. :-D
Though the account is still open,
so he may have pulled the plug,
or Ebay might have grown some bollocks and wiped his listings.

I'm sure this toad and his bottom feeding bretheren are still out there.

Just be on your toes, if it looks to good to be true. It.is'nt.

Absolutely shocking, I would of thought Ebay might be slow to react to something like this but it would appear they just couldn't give a monkeys. Would love to know what the Police did about it (if anything).

Hi Guys - just to let you know that I am keeping an eye on this series of posts and I will update you as soon as I have some info. Police, eBay, banks...nobody has been in touch in the last fortnight since I first lodged the complaint. Will keep you posted...still Pumaless!

I`ve heard recently that the rozzers are finally realising this sort of thing is rife.
And are actually putting some resources into catching the slime...

trublustu said:
I`ve heard recently that the rozzers are finally realising this sort of thing is rife.
And are actually putting some resources into catching the slime...

Well if it's in the uk the seller will get away with it scott free because if the whole of the british isles went down with the flu, the police force would still be operational because they couldn't catch a flipping cold.

Latest posts

Back