4 2 1 Manifold

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to extend the lambda cable(s), source a new cat (if you will fit it; if you have later model with two lambdas you have to or the light will light up) and that should about be it...

Going decat to begin with but will be buying a sports cat to link up to system for road use. Do i have to remove any driveshafts or anything like that to bolt it on as ive seen a few posts that say you need to remove the driveshafts to get it on.

If its one-piece you'll need the car very high - the height of the length of the manifold.

Can normally get away with removing the lower mount and rocking the engine forward although I wouldn't rule out removing the shaft - certainly gives you more room. Messy job though as you'll need to do something about the oil in the box.

Hi mate its a full milltek system so should be in parts i think. is the mount the rear gearbox one?

Hi Ewen
As Ian G and Wild E have posted. The Milltek is about the same dimension as my piper so unless you can jack it up 3ft off the floor or have access to a 4 poster the best way to fit is remove the bottom gearbox stabiliser which will allow the engine and box to waggle backwards and forwards. Then If you or a neighbour have a manhole in their drive put a piece of wood across the manhole with the manifold loosely tied to it in the manhole. Tie a longer piece of string to the manifold then put your car over the manhole fish out the longer string through the back of the engine, untie the manifold from the wood and pull the manifold up into place whilst rocking the engine to get clearance. You shouldn't need to remove the driveshaft as there is enough room.
Barry

Back