418 is of to get the new engine

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulob1

She is of to chris to have the 300 plus engine fitted...should be ready for me in 2 or 3 weeks...

then will fit the old engine rebuilt all steel internals for 250 bhp which I think is as much as the frp will take.

Am still in two minds about building the f3 engine into one, can imagine it would be a monster of a car and the sound would be awesome...

Will be awesome paul
Ive decided after my powerful atmo build im gonna get a new set of pistons and turbo it something like 380bhp

Im really interested too see what power the f3 engine makes. If you dont fit it in a car you should still build it

Hi Paul, did you buy the 2x F3 engines from Swindon Engines on ebay a few months ago? If so you got a bargain there :cool:

I was thinking of bidding but didn't really have anywhere to store them. I might have gone for one of them if they were separate lots.

Cheers

Mark

markc555 said:
Hi Paul, did you buy the 2x F3 engines from Swindon Engines on ebay a few months ago? If so you got a bargain there :cool:

I was thinking of bidding but didn't really have anywhere to store them. I might have gone for one of them if they were separate lots.

Cheers

Mark

Someone on here might be sending you a PM after saying that lol.

I was gonna say it might all kick off but thought better of it. :lol:

Yes I GOT ONE OF THOSE ENGINES, not all three...I will build it rob, its just that I think it needs a rear wheel drive rather than front wheel drive, it will be an awesome engine and sound so I am still undecided.
Once I have done spending on the the three frp's I am going to see what I have...and I have a few toys. I m just starting my museum and that will be a high priority but listen to this, its a cold war museum, anything that has wheels and was produced from 1946 6th march WInston Churchils cold ware speach in illionois to 1990 when the wall was gone, the end of the cold war...I will be able to collect any cars trucks tanks anything in that period and i will...I love buying old cars and things...
Realistically I think I want to buy a lotus seven type and fit the F3 engine into that, it cant be a regular runner as its too highly tuned so it just needs to be a sunny day car or a track day car mostly.
Not sure about rockingham at the moment, got a lot on with things at the moment

nah, its getting 300 plus bhp, not really interested in future value...will likely get me a nice std one in the near future and keep it standard...the other four are for playing with...actually 419 has the sweetest engine but the body is crap, poor repair in 2003...having to fix the bodge now...getting a full roll cage fitted, was going to do it myself, well with my team but we have a guy that can do it for about the same price as we would buy it for...and his will be to full FIA spec..

space for what...

FRP 476...because I am building 3 frps, one with 300plus, one with 250 plus nitrous and one with 250 and nothing else...cant imagine why i would want a 1600 not now anyway.../

yes agree, am being a bit silly at the moment with cars, buying different cars every week, just to play with.

need to find me a car i want to keep and stick with it...

the frps satisfy my wickedness, and the new ones will do that in droves x4
the scoobys are nice driver cars and 4x4 in winter good x4
gto crazy lovely car x3
300zx crazy lovely car x3
all others practical cars
going to get me a 1000 bhp supra at some stage, wanted a mega gto but missed the deal on pistonheads, really annoyed about that...

You see the thing with Paul is.... he will not stop.... not stop until he sends himself into a high orbit.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pJdrlWR-yFM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have seen a guy selling an mtx box on ebay with quaife internals and he has sent me a picture of the bell housing...it doesnt look like its the same as an IB5....will it just bolt on and the extra bits either need cutting off or just need leaving alone..or are there different mtx cases...just to add to the confusion...HELP...

I will take it of you if your giving it away...no problem at all and i will love it dearly..

ah not giving, selling.....dont think they have much interest in the car market these days, some collectors have them and will keep them, am afraid for all us normal chaps they will never achieve cult status...they were just not special enough. keep saying this..shame really...

Paul,

you are so wrong, because by the time you have bought all the remaining FRPs there will only be about 3 left for sale on the open market so then they become super rare unless your name is Paul OB :lol: :lol:

SImon

paulob1 said:
ah not giving, selling.....dont think they have much interest in the car market these days, some collectors have them and will keep them, am afraid for all us normal chaps they will never achieve cult status...they were just not special enough. keep saying this..shame really...

Blue3 said:
Paul,

you are so wrong, because by the time you have bought all the remaining FRPs there will only be about 3 left for sale on the open market so then they become super rare unless your name is Paul OB :lol: :lol:

SImon

paulob1 said:

Who of course will have them all lined up with the bonnets open, trying to strap a scramjet engine to it....

always wanted to build a scram jet, the problem is getting them up to around 300mph initial speed before they work on their own...

car failed its MOT today so am going to fix the non engine related things and take it to CHris at Lightning on an A frame...wont be long now...then going to fit roll cages into 418 and 419...they will be my fun cars 419 regular use, 418 when i am bored and it is a very hot day...023 will be for when 419 is in for repairs...

Latest posts

Back