5 stud options

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PumaNoob

I thought about the same thing myself! I think the focus mk2 hub flange will fit, the driveshaft spline count is the same, but I guess the only way to find out is to try it, but it means destroying the bearing.

What's the PCD of transit hubs, 5 x 108?? I thought ford vans came with an obscure PCD? Maybe just the older ones!

PumaNoob said:
What's the PCD of transit hubs, 5 x 108?? I thought ford vans came with an obscure PCD? Maybe just the older ones!
The full size Transits have an odd PCD (5 x 160) but the smaller Connect has a 5 x 108 PCD

Kizza said:
I found this diagram to show how a 4 stud hub could be drilled to a 5 stud hub

5studdrilling_zps2edb72cc.png

just wish I could drill my hubs myself. but I don't have a good enough drill. I think I will have to get in touch with a few people to do it for me :wink:

I'm sure a machine shop wouldn't charge too much to do it for you. Have you explored the hub adaptor route?
oilburner said:
PumaNoob said:
The full size Transits have an odd PCD (5 x 160) but the smaller Connect has a 5 x 108 PCD

Ah ok, I knew one of them had a weird PCD, but assumed it was all the commercial vehicle range.

The Connects are just a Focus with a beam axle and leaf springs. The running gear is virtually the same, which is how the SportVan has the Focus ZS facelift wheels. We had a couple in the garage earlier in the year and i did some inspecting and they are just a car with a box on top.

I think you might end up spending more on hub adapters than getting them drilled. On top of that adapters are like adding big spacers to the car so you'll need mega high offset rims (which is never cool) or some fat arches.

i swear I was thinking the same thing I want the st rims on me puma aswell :D thanks for info waitin for pics

this is interesting for me as id LOVE a set of Rotas, but they only do them in 5 stud. But unless you find a 5 stud brake disc with the same offset and the same dimensions as your standard ones, you will have to drill the discs too.

Back