A few problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aimmekins

Hi,

I currently have some problems with my T reg 1.7 Puma and was wondering if anyone had some advice on how to fix any of them or what could be wrong.

Firstly I was driving my car the other and my clutch had a funny 5 mins and stopped working then stuck down i pulled the pedal back up and it sort of pinged bak into place it seems to be fine at the moment now but it still doesn't quite come all the way back to the normal position.

Secondly my speedo ticks and the faster i go the faster it ticks and then starts squealing when i'm getting to about 60 or 70.

Thirdly the tray at the back of my centre console comes out and i don't know what part i need to screw it back into place.

and lastly when i'm closing my drivers side window it slows down as it gets to the top could this be a problem with my motor?

Thanks for reading and all advice would be a huge help.

1 clutch,if pedal stays down slave cylinder needs replacing,if your changing that DO THE COMPLETE CLUTCH,this will save you time and money in the long run
has its a hydralic clutch there is no cable operation
2 speedo,is it analogue or digital (digital has a digital display for milage and trip)
if its analogue check speedo cable is correctly inserted into read off dash,if it is could well be speedo cable needs replacing
if its the digital dash replace it as there is a fault and easier to change than to repair
hth :eek:k:

thanks butty i'll ava look at it and see if i gets any better and also when i turn full lock it sounds like theres air or something coming out have you any idea what that could be?

could be bushes on wishbones are knackered or antiroll bar links have had it or possibly both,also check cv joints aswell...

not really,you can still get ford bushes or if you want you can upgrade them to a poly type which does improve handling,but they only fit ford wishbones not aftermarket 1's,drop links are about £20 ish but dont get them off ebay tho they dont last very long...

martinthrapston said:
drop links are about £20 ish but dont get them off ebay tho they dont last very long...

Don't wanna tempt fate with mine but I got them off ebay...lol.

Actually went to a place in Stoke to pick up some mintex pads that were advertised on Ebay and came out with the drop links, wishbones, all filters, arb bushes etc etc etc....yes I got carried away as it was an aladdins cave...lol

Latest posts

Back