AArrgh !!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zinc2000

Ok guys and girls, thinking heads on please
Coming back from MOT last year managed to pick up a nut along the road (as in nut/bolt not lunatic) which wedged itself between the front ABS sensor ring and the hub.
By the time I got home the ABS light had come on so figured the nut had heated up the ring and blown the sensor.
Replaced front sensor today....no difference, then discovered the other front sensor wire had come loose and had been rubbing on the rear of the front wheel.
Cut and joined the damaged wires from the sensor...no difference
So, does rejoining the wires simply not work? do I now need to replace that sensor as well?
Both sensors were new last year for the MOT.
all fuses fine, no codes come up on my reader yet ABS/Traction lights still on
Ideas please

Hi Zinc
Has the thrown up nut distorted the ring? Even if you have repaired the other sensor if the sensor is not getting a consistent reading from the ring it will illuminate the ABS light.
Barry
PS This would show on Forscan whereas your code reader will only be looking for a faulty sensor

Check the resistance of repaired sensor with ohmmeter. You should read something less than 1100 Ohms. If the value is way off, your repair is not good.
But, As Barry said, check the tone ring first. The ring to sensor gap should be 0,6 mm (tolerance 0.4 - 0.8 mm). If the gap at ANY point of the ring is out of this range, it will most likely trigger the fault code

Cheers guys, did spin the wheel and the ring appears to be straight, never thought to check the gap!! will go check the "good" side against the other see what the difference is

Ok so no difference in gap from one side to t'other so my guess is the damaged wire to the left side is the culprit, going to put a new one in there to be on safe side, easier than messing about with it, hopefully that will solve me problem

Latest posts

Back