ABS on two channels, warning lights on

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gargravarr

Hi all,

My wonderful local mechanic, whose services I will no longer be requiring (for several reasons related to this latest job), managed to gunk up one of my ABS sensors when he changed my cambelt or did the clutch - at least I hope it was one of these, as he's had all four wheels off the car and the front is suspect. The car still does its ABS self-test at pull-away and the system does appear to work, but the ABS and TC lights are on, so I assume this means it's running on two channels. I don't know which of the wheels has the dodgy sensor; my OBD reader shows no error codes. The mechanic offered to put the car on a professional diagnostic machine and isolate the wheel then clean the sensor, but he then wouldn't return my calls, so I'm stuck with it as it is.

I'm not *too* bothered removing each front wheel, but I'm not sure how to clean the sensor - I don't know what it looks like or where it is on the axle. Can someone help me out here? I need to have the back wheels off anyway as I'm going to change the brake shoes, so if it's not the front wheels I could check the back ones too. Again, I don't know what the sensors look like or how to clean them, any help would be fantastic!

Unrelated: I had a look on ETIS at my car's specs, and I noticed that it was spec'd with remote central locking. I've also seen around the net that the Thunder had RCL as standard. I've only been given one key and no fob. Also, it says it was the infra-red system, though Wildcat does not have the IR receiver on the interior light, so perhaps it was the RF system. If so, how would I go about getting the fobs? Programming may be hard as I only have the one coded key, and I'm hesitant to go to Ford as I know they'll charge enough to put Greece back on the map! Any suggestions?

Buy a 3button rf remote of ebay,and you can get blade cut at locksmith place and they might be able to program imobiliser,there is a guide on here to program the remote to the central locking,how to guides :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back