Abs or no abs that is the question!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myweepuma

Did the Milly have abs? When doing some rust removal on the inner arches I noticed an unused plug so checked the dash and I don't have an abs light or traction control on start up either all my previous pumas had abs so I suspect that its been removed from this Milly at some point?

Yes, all 1.7 Pumas had ABS as standard.

:( this is not good! Ok so I don't have abs or traction control lights on the dash so I assume they've been covered up or the bulbs removed!

Ok I wonder if its just the front abs sensors that have been removed I feel this is not go an be cheap!

You could of course just ignore it!

Traction control has only limited use as its limited to very low speed and if you know the ABS is not connected you drive accordingly, in reality you only need it in an emergency so dont create the emergency, I think in all my years (and there are many) of driving, proffesionally and for pleasure I can only think of one time that I actually needed ABS.

ABS is not a cure for bad driving :grin:

I've been told I drive like nun lol once I've dealt with all the other issues I'll come back to this I hope it's just the sensors that's been removed and the lights covered or bulbs removed I intended to have the dials out anyway as there is a crack in the corner of the plastic front now I know why.....

Back