Ah so that's why my car smelt hot...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beko1987

Been driving around with the air con on the past few days, for the first time in my ownership, and last night it finally kicked in and made a horrible scraping sound. I turned the car off and left it alone!

Today, I've just driven 30 miles in heavy traffic with the air con on, and when I neared home I realised the fan hadn't kicked in, and the car was smelling 'hot'. I got home, left the engine running and the ac up full and popped the bonnet.

Looking at the fan, I found a rubber pipe (looks like a breather from the engine) wedged in the fins. I pulled it out and voila - one screaming fast fan!

Only question is, where does this pipe secure into? I've looked and can't see any clips. Am I ok to cable-tie it to something, I presume pointing down?

Sorry for the bad pic, if you need I can take some more. It's the smaller pipe, not the air intake pipe...

2011-07-01190042.jpg

Mines just tucks down behind the intake pipe! maybe try and cable tie it to the battery tray?

Thanks Martin! Just connected it back up to the airbox, with a few cableties along the way for good measure!

I do love a nice, simple fix!

Latest posts

Back