Air con

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pumaspark

Hi all just got my puma back from the body shop :) its had a new front end and they have regased the air con but when i have the air con on and switch the engine off i get a hissing sound from just under the windscreen wiper motor area.
It only lasts for about 8 second the goes off.
I can't see any leaks even when im using my leak detection spray.
Cheers Marc :lol:

Thanks mate :grin: for the quick reply i thought s888t this is going to cost me :roll:
Cheers Marc :grin:

Ideally, it's best if you turn the aircon off (but leave the blowers on) for a couple of minutes before turning the engine off - stops the build-up of bacteria in the system which could lead to smelly aircon.

how long should the aircon take before ice cold?
how much approx is an aircon regas?

mine takes at least 5 mins to go ice cold but other newer cars ive driven its almost instantly cold

Pumakid... After reading your last post, I turned mine on this afternoon, just to see how long it takes. I am running an 'R' reg 1998 model.

Started car up for the first time today, was scorching inside where the sun has been slowly cooking the interior!
After 10 seconds, the air from the vents was cool and by about 16 seconds it was cold!

its great once its cold but takes longer on very hot days to go ice cold quickly time for a fresh batch of R134a refrigerant then

Back