AirBag ECU location

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pahi

Hi everyone,

I'm one of few Ford Puma owners in Sweden. The car was never widely spread here.
I've recently been running into a problem with the airbag. It's constantly on since a couple of months and now I'm forced to do something about the problem.

I've located the problem to error code B1342, which accordingly to http://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Airbag_Flash_Codes says "INSTALL a new air bag control module". I'm going to check the voltage levels and the grounding before exchanging the unit, but where is it? I've seen some vague pictures of it being located on the right side of the gearbox. (The steering wheel is on the left side in Swedish cars).

Could someone please point out where the airbag ecu is located?

Best,
Patrik

It is either in the centre like quest said, or it is on the passenger side (i presume it will just be a mirror from ours since ours are RHD) but behind the dash on the shell bulkhead itself. I found this whilst stripping the dash out on my other puma.

where is he located? at the gear stick or behind the banana at the passengers side?

Banana what are you referring to ? The ECu is located in front of the centre console approx inline with the dash in an opening in the centre tunnel

Back