Remote/Alarm Problems

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StuartieG

Hi, having problems with my 2000 W reg 1.7 Puma :(

Locks have been rusted solid (have tried everything but no luck will need them replaced) since I bought the car so have relied on the radio controlled remote. Batteries on that died few weeks ago, but I was able to get into the car and re-program the remote ok. (It's a 3 button remote)

Now just the other day the keyfob stopped working. I've tried new batteries, recoding the remote, checked the connections seem ok in the remote - but no joy.

The alarm is still currently set (I can get into the car through a dodgy passenger window that I can force down). I can start the car like this, but it just means the alarm initially sounds for 30 seconds (and the flashers go for 5 mins). I can drive the car, then switch it off, put the dodgy window back up and lock the car from outside (the keys still lock the driver door and central locking activates). Then I'm back at square one - force the window down, start car, alarm sounds. :(

I'm going to look into whether there's a problem with the keyfob or if its the actual alarm system not sensing properly, also my local garage has said they should be able to take apart the barrel on the door and rebuild it to match the key I have.

In the meantime I've been looking into ways to disable the alarm system (I work nightshift so having the alarm going off in the middle of a housing estate at the end of my shift at 4ams not ideal!)

Just googling and reading on here I've been advised:
-Take relevant fuses out (didn't work)
- Pull top cable out of alarm control module (apparently located behind carpet near accelerator pedal, but I can't seem to find it. There's a big box behind the fusebox and loads of wiring, I'm not really sure what I'm doing here. Also worried if I did this the immobiliser would not work either so I couldn't start the car?)
-Disconnect alarm horn (Located in the boot (drivers side), I've taken panelling away and can here where the alarm noise is coming from rougly but can't pin down where or what the alarm horn is exactly :( )

Any suggestions gladly accepted - the priority at the moment is stopping the alarm!

Thanks,
Stuart

Experience told me one of the door locks probably isn't functioning properly which will confuse the system and sound the alarm...Not the technical explanation, I know, but in a nut shell!
I believe the alarm horn is located behind the driver side rear trim panel.

Hi,
Thanks I got the panelling off and disconnected the alarm horn ok, this is working for now as a temporary fix at least! Thanks again!

Back