Alarm/immobiliser problems on a project car

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

discostu

Hi guys I currently in the process of fitting a Puma into my Orion I’ve taken pretty much all of the wiring loom from a Puma. My problem is I can’t seem to get my warning lights to work on my dashboard e.g. battery, oil pressure, handbrake, mileage etc but I can get the indicators to flash. Also the fuel pump isn’t getting any power to it the only I haven’t got out of the Puma was the alarm/central locking control module. Does anyone know if the alarm module is connected to the immobiliser?

The immobiliser is integrated into the ECU and the alarm module I believe is the GEM module which controls the door locking, interior lights etc. which are two separate units.
You shouldn't need to GEM module to get the immobiliser to allow the engine to run.

Are you using the original Puma dials/dash?
Have you checked the fuel cutoff switch?

I’ve literally taken all of the wiring out of a Puma including the dials and the indicator stalks. The only things I can see that I don’t have is the alarm module, the airbag module and the abs. The central locking seems to be working as it should obviously only on the front doors but I have don’t have any light at all showing on the immobilser light by the clock. Where is the alarm module actually located in the car so I can find it easily in the breakers?

Back