Alarm Not Working??

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TyeBoi

I am locking the car with the fob and then alarming it. then from the inside am trying to open the door and nothing is happening??

That would set the alarm off correct?

If it should what should I look for?

Does your interior light work? If it doesn't (or is off) the car won't notice a current drain (as that's how the Ford alarm works - a door is opened, a light comes on - it senses the current draw from the battery and sounds) and set the alarm off.

TyeBoi for the test.

Open your window
Get out
Double lock your car
WAIT 30 seconds
Lean in and pop your bonnet open.

:D

I will try that Dal and Red. Thanks !

Im getting a little fed up of my puma at the moment!

yeh i know what u mean chris... I am going to the scrap yard as soon as i can get some time off work to fetch some bits which i refuse to pay the earth for.. i.e. ford dealership prices..

anybody know of a cheap puma breakers in nottingham or a member breaking their puma?

Lol the standard alarm isnt exactly the hardest thing to get past is it? Just smash the effin window and your away!

There are not many alarms that will stop you breaking a window..

And in any case, who actually takes any notice of car alarms these days anyway? Common sense tells you not to leave things visible to make your car a target for the "smash n grab" fraternity.

The Ford immobiliser are pretty good though, so not much chance of driving it off.

The immobilser is top notch yeah. But what you want is your alarm to go off if the windows is smahsed. Fair enough you cant stop the window going but once it does you want people to take notice off the alarm. If i hear a car alarm in our street in the night i will get up and have a look out the window.

Having an alarm go off when a window is smashed is not a pre-requisite to a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm, so it's usefullness must be in question.
(Although the shock of it would probably set the alarm off) But then hammering in a philips screwdriver into a Ford lock will do the trick anyway nine times out of ten.

Giving "smash n grabbers" no reason to smash the window in the first place by having an empty looking car must be a better approach than being smug that as they run down the road out of sight with your laptop, at least your alarm is going off.

Anyway - at least tyeboi is learning all about his car!

:lol:

My neighbours always come out if my alarm goes off. I guess it depends on your neighbourhood.

lol very true Red!

I take everything out most times anyways which is like dal said the best thing to do and aslong as the car doesnt go walkies it wont be too much of a loos if it does get broken into.

talking of car alarms, i have never heard my car alarm go off. im gona try opening window and poppin bonnet technique. ill let u no soon enough if it isnt working! lol

I had the same issue with my alarm too...Cherie solved it for me with the window open lean in technique..
I agree with Red, its where you live generally.
Maybe if the alarm shouted 'Fire Fire Fire' or 'Look im naked' people would pay more attention!

Back