Alarm...

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sarah

....keeps going off of its own accord. I can lock it using the key itself, you know, the old-fashioned way, and it's fine, but to walk away from it, centrally locking as I go isn't an option anymore. It woke me up this morning at 4am, cheeky fecker. Any ideas? As you'll see, I'm also posting to complain of a bust radio and cigarette lighter point, so it could be the car is existing on one threadbare wire and will shortly explode. Hope not, though

Ta

I take it you have driven it after one of these episodes? A friend of mine's car does it and it is due to the battery being knackered and running out.

well the key will operate the central locking in the same way as the remote so could be a problem with your remote battery or could by coincidence be a problem with one of the boot/bonnet/door switches. Getting any extra beeps of the alarm or extra flashes of the light next to the clock?? usually it does that to signify a problem with the system.

your cigar lighter is fed by fuse 1 in the fuse box under dash.

your radio is fed by fuse 6, 19 and 22 all in fuse box under dash.

Its unlikely all these have failed so you might have an electrical problem else where or it might just be coincidence!!!

Is any other item not working??

Hello all, sorry to hijack this thread but it seems to be relevant to me regarding my own issue and im not really wanting to start my own thread in a wrong section. (noob alert !!!!!)

To the original poster, i hope you get your problem solved and maybe if someone can help me then it may lead to you resolving yours !?

I will try to keep this as short and informative as i can. My own puma decided to set the alarm off of its own accord this weekend whilst i was staying at my fiances house. ( no doubt taking me off her neighbours xmas card list in the process :roll: ) . The alarm was in a constant tone, no break between the siren, like someone was holding the horn on by itself !

At the same time, the key fob decided to stop working the central locking as i tried to enter the car , so i used the key manually. This did not turn it off either, although the car would let me start it up drive off. Now, driving around with my horn on constant at 4am in the morning was not what i had planned for that weekend lol :) However, i managed to locate the actual horn (behind the rear interior card, near the seatbelt mechanism) and i simply pulled out the wires from the terminals. Then, to stop the lights staying on (all indicators) i had to pull the fuse from the alarm as a temp fix.

I believe my problem may lie with water which i have recently found on the driver side footwell, which is causing lots of condensation inside the car. First thing tomorrow i will be outside looking for any obvious signs of water ingress( ICE holes, grommits etc) as i have read a lot of posts in here with similar probs. Also, i will be looking for the air con hose which seems to be a popular cause aswell, although not too sure how/ where to spot this? ( hint hint lol)

In summary...i have no alarm at the moment since it wants to stay on constantly, and i have water getting into my carpet in the front which i am going to investigate after reading lots of threads on here already. My questions are, what is wrong with the alarm, is it ACTUALLY water realated (is this possible?) why did my fob stop working at the same time the alarm went off? And if i could be even bolder, could someone give me a litle more detail as to the where and how of the air con pipe issue as i think it may be relevant to my problem.

Ford puma 1.7 in silver (1998) which i absolutely love driving and just want it to be alarmed and DRY !!!! Thanks in advance for any help whatsoever !!!!

p,s, do u guys n gals ever do meets in scotland? i would love to come along to one with my fiance, she loves pumas aswell !!

EDIT... in case it is related, my boot-lock has never worked since i got the car a year ago, i have to go inside the car and peel away some lining and release the latch by hand. (its near the rear of the lock itself) thanks

2ND EDIT... after some more reading, i am thinking this leak could be the water pump? i have a small screeching noise coming from the car from startup and for some time after (not like the fan screeching but more high pitched.) a friend suggested it sounded like the water pump. could all these problems be related from the pump leaking, giving me wet carpets and perhaps water leaking into one of the alarm components? please help im at my wits end with the wetness and no alarm :?

Back