Annoying Squeak

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Davedrave

Can anyone help me
I have noticed in the last couple of day a rather high pitched whistle / squeak coming from the cambelt end of the engine.
Car is a 1.7 Millenium Edition with only 34000 genuine miles on the clock

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers Dave

Hi and welcome - it's probably the aux belt, tensioner or something driven by said aux belt:

album_picm.php

If you haven't had your cambelt changed in the last 5 years, you probably should, even though your car hasn't done starship miles as the rubber perishes over time and it's usually the tensioner that goes; would be a shame for such a low mileage engine to eat itself. While you're getting that done, it's easy to get the other bits replaced at the same time - water pump, aux belt, rocker cover gasket etc.

My Puma's developed an annoying drone-y whining sound coming from the nearside of the car. Only seems to happen when the Mrs is in the passenger seat. Can't for the life of me work out what the connection is. :-D

Thanks for that, I had an idea it may have something to do with the cambelt etc

Yes did buy the car from Norwich. Do you know it ?

Cheers

Dave

No I just remember a millennium advertised at 33k on ebay that looked to be the best condition one I had seen advertised.

I can put the link up if you dont mind showing your registration or the cars price,some people choose not to show their reg on their piccies ??

Or I could private message you the link so you have some piccies of it

Yeah that would be great
I don't mind my Reg on here, we are all Puma fans :cool:

Must admit it really has to be seen to be believed, lovely condition. I will get round to taking some pics and posting on here.

Thanks again

Dave.

Here she is

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330701258866?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back