Antenna Removal

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DradusContact said:
Get a pair of pliers on it to unscrew it. Some owners put a drop of superglue in to stop kids removing them. If thats the case you may have to remove the whole thing.

if it is super glued how would i go about removing it and fitting the bee sting?

Just pull it out. It's on little spring clips ;)

Push it to the side and pull down. It can fall rather suddenly but will end up dangling by it's wires :D

When you break it, you can get a genuine Ford Antenna Kit here, for only £4.00 + £4.30 postage.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Antenna-Kits-Roof" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... m153.l1262

I thought someone, (may have been Jacko?) shortened the existing aerial some time ago?

No, it wasn't Jacko, it was craigfrp (over the other side) :whistle:

I think rellik666 (on here) was going to do his with the same method.

finally got my aerial to come of, it was well stuck on and iv just tried putting my universal bee sting on and it wont fit!!!!

the base screw is too wide for it.
So i carnt be arsed with it anymore.

I have a bee-sting that fits right here at my desk lol..

.. I took it back off because I like the radio too much and bee-stings usually allow for crud reception.

Do they? I guess that applied to 'shark fin' antennas too then, but then some cars have those as standard like BMs.
If it's poor reception, I don't want a beesting.

Wondering if a sharkfin thingy would look chavvy or not? This one is quite a small discreet thing that might actually look ok if it's colour-coded to the car?

And do they always have to be fitted to the back of the car? Reckon it might look ok up front...

gpswwbbw.jpg

http://www.rockshore.uk.com/shark-fin-2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ... -389-p.asp

I think thats a lttle photoshop project for some one.

In my oppinion i could see it looking good on a KA rather than a puma

Back