Anyone know where I can get a fuel tank fixed in Kent?

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gargravarr

Hi all,

Been a while. This isn't an issue with my Puma (please don't kick me off, I still have the Puma in the garage!) but with my current daily driver. It's got a leak in the petrol tank around or near the filler neck. A local mechanic's had a crack at it, but I think he's made the problem worse - it now no longer holds in the vapours where before it would just drip when it was more than half full. As the warm weather is currently making my fuel evaporate straight out of the tank, essentially turning my money into air (!!), I think I need this fixed sharp-ish! The mechanic admitted he couldn't fix it, so don't blame him.

Is there anyone in Kent who could fix a fuel tank? Failing that, anyone know where I could get a pattern tank made up? I've been Googling but the best results I've had are waaaaay up North (whilst I don't really object to the four-hour drive, with a leaking tank I might as well tap a hose into a fuel tanker heading the same way and use that!), so really I need someone in Kent or the surrounding counties who can help.

Cheers,
Gargravarr

Give Silverback Performance a call - they're based in Medway - 01634 291211 http://www.silverbackperformance.co.uk

I rate them very highly.. I used to take my puma nowhere else when I lived down there, and they deal with all cars - especially jap cars (i'm assuming you're talking about the toyota?)
If they can't fix the problem i'm certain they have contacts who may be able fabricate a new tank

Sparx said:
Give Silverback Performance a call - they're based in Medway - 01634 291211 http://www.silverbackperformance.co.uk

I rate them very highly.. I used to take my puma nowhere else when I lived down there, and they deal with all cars - especially jap cars (i'm assuming you're talking about the toyota?)
If they can't fix the problem i'm certain they have contacts who may be able fabricate a new tank
Cheers Sparx, I just gave them a ring and they reckon they'll be able to fix a small hole in the tank - I'm not exactly sure how bad the leak is because I haven't seen the tank out of the car, but if the mechanic took on the task confidently it can't be too bad. They're booked up for at least a week though, probably going to be a job for next month when I get paid! Nice catch-22 here, need to save up money, but need the car to get to work to earn that money!

gargravarr said:
They're booked up for at least a week..

Show's they're good though ;)

Well hopefully you don't loose too much fuel getting to and from work in the next week or so and it gets sorted without any problems

And you're welcome :eek:k:

Latest posts

Back