Automotive New Years Resolutions

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Or in other words, your 'To Do List' for 2014 :lol:

I have a number of things for the MX-5

- Finally cure the highly irritating rattle/buzz at 2000-3000rpm
- A new set of Eunos sport seats to replace the frayed originals
- Some new discs and pads
- And finally, to take her over 100,000 miles (92K so far and counting - making this by far the highest mileage car I've ever owned).

Other resolutions - to buy a new daily driver. The '5 is great throughout the spring and summer, but not so much in the winter. Still, I'm away for four months in the Falklands from May, which gives me plenty of time to think about it!

So, what are yours?

wash the Mondeo, it's filthy :grin: then get around to putting the right registration on it.

put the exhaust on the Puma, get it VIC tested then decide whether to sell or keep

1. Get the OSF ABS sensor fixed before I go back to college
2. Use the Puma until the MOT runs out (next December)
3. Decide to run it into the ground, sell it or strip it (FRP seats and CF bonnet's got to be worth more than the car, wonder if I can get the sunroof out?)
4. Possibly buy an MX5 or a Focus ST (or 1.8 diesel).

Tidy up and get my online shop sorted out.

And possibly diversify in to something else like MX5s or TTs. :hide:

Ian G said:
Tidy up and get my online shop sorted out.

And possibly diversify in to something else like MX5s or TTs. :hide:

Need a hand with the shop?

3dcandy said:
Need a hand with the shop?

Software is set up but it needs filling with stuff, all of which needs photographing and weighing for postage quotes. Also all the categories etc. I am getting more organised, just takes time off other jobs which are more urgent. So yes, but unless you're local and work for sausage butties, I can't afford you :lol:

Uprated brakes.
Change up the exhaust system.
Change over head units.
Full service on it.

Ow and to attend more automotive events

Fit a roll cage
Finish up trackday prepwork
Run atleast 6 trackdays in NL
Run atleast once on Zolder and Spa-Franchorchamps
Beat Nurburgring Personal Best (9:56 in standard car) and get it under 9:30
Respray the car in my sponsors' colours (green with bubbles and foam on the roof :roll: yes,it's a beer brand :roll: )
Get a big car and trailer for towing (longer run)

And offcourse make sure to get my contract renewed and keep my boss happy and make sure we can build +/- 80.000 engines/vehicles!

Fix the coolant leak in the Megane (just waiting for the time and enthusiasm to jack it up)
Fix the broken parking sensor in the Kuga (just waiting for the part to be delivered)
Get the CBR fully serviced before the good weather starts.

Get the Meriva cleaned up, keep saving cash

Yes I said meriva - I haven't done a new car thread yet but will do in the new year - that my resolution rofl

Back