b*ll*cks i broke it!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettie boo

Hi guys had problems with the rocker cover gasket again so took it apart and re sealed it but when putting it back together i got a little ambious :oops: with my tighting and snapped one of the bolts (front left one) i can just get a nut on there but i fear it won't hold! can i change/replace this part? i would look but i don't want to take it off again as it has sealed! cheers

if you can get a nut on it, then it should be ok, but without seeing a photo it is a bit hard to know

which bolts? are you talking about the 4 that hold the rocker cover on? they are only meant to be done to 9nm!! if so

ScubaSteve said:
which bolts? are you talking about the 4 that hold the rocker cover on? they are only meant to be done to 9nm!! if so
Yea thats the ones! unfourtently i don't have a torue wrench! and i was fed up with it leaking so i intendid to do it up nice and tight but as always the last one you tighten will be the one to break! im hoping i can replace it???

Rule number 1: don't overtighten your nuts

Rule number 2: get a torque wrench

Rule number 3: if you did not heed rules 1 and 2, just remember that we've all done it at some time or another!

you need to remove rocker cover and replace the bolt it holds the cam in place i will have a look should have a spare bolt! where abouts are you?!

I'm down in cornwall steavie! And scuba steve i know what i mean i've to replace the nuts already the other ones were nearly bare!

i can send you a bolt if you wanna do it yourself?! you just need a 10mm spanner to undo it but they can be tight!

STEAVIE said:
i can send you a bolt if you wanna do it yourself?! you just need a 10mm spanner to undo it but they can be tight!
That would be brilliant if you could mate! save me trying to hunt one down! Do you want anything for it or towards postage?

Back