Back Washer Jet

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

The washer jet on the back of my Thunder doesn't work and hasn't worked since I bought the car in December last year. Have poked around with the Jet it to make sure there isn't a blockage but that's made no difference. It's not a major issue as I keep the car fairly clean anyway and have been driving around for the last 8 months and only really needed it the once. Just wondering if anyone knew what the problem could be? Going to be moving soon and the new place has a garage that me and my partner can actually do work to the cars in rather than wait for a dry day, so would be nice to get a few things sorted on the Thunder.

Pipes, motor?
Does the front ones behave? Do they have lots of power? If not the washer bottle maybe starting to block, my front worked OK but the back was just a dribble.

Van_Dammesque said:
Pipes, motor?
Does the front ones behave? Do they have lots of power? If not the washer bottle maybe starting to block, my front worked OK but the back was just a dribble.

You can hear the motor just nothing comes out. Front jets are perfect and powerful. I've actually got them set so they spray up over the back screen :lol: Just not as effective as a fully functional back washer jet! The back one works perfectly on my old Puma which is slowly getting transformed into a track car so can take parts out of that one if necessary.

WOW that is good aim! :lol:

Get a pin and see if the back nozzle is blocked, this is the easiest thing to do.

Then try and get to the pipe leading to the back from the front of the car (near bonnet hinge I think), remove nozzle from the back gently blow, there should be some resistance but not much. It might be blocked if it seems to much resistance (although this is via judgment!). A drop of washing up liquid and blowing *might* unblock it enough.

Latest posts

Back