Bad misfire after exhaust change!

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

si1881

Just had a Jetex system put on this morning (middle and rear sections) and just picked car up - all seemed fine until about 5 miles in and now it's misfiring/backfiring and feels like it's running on 3 cylinders...

Car was fine before the exhaust - can something have been dislodged or something?! Supposed to be doing quite a long run tonight and can't at the moment and the exhaust place is shut now till Tuesday...

Anyone got any suggestions please?

It might have affected the Lamba sensor its the only thing the exhaust change could really affect.Try disconnecting the battery for a few hours see if that helps

Thanks just trying the battery thing.

Just as I managed to limp it home the Eng Man light came on then started flashing - is the lambda likely to do that or could it be something unrelated and just coincidence?

The Lambda will cause that can't remember off use top of my head if the Puma just has the one Lambda sensor on the manifold or has another one further down the system I'll look into it!

Yeah def got two - blue and green connectors - all seem in place and look as did before the exhaust was changed...

Just reconnected and let it idle for a couple of mins but still very lumpy!

You have got digital clocks haven't you?Try holding down the trip reset button whilst turning the ignition on then keep pressing it to see if it says DTC none or gives you a 4 digit code with DTC underneath

Yep got the digi dash - saying none under DTC :cry:

Just changed the plugs as leads as had some I was going to do at some point and then tried disconnecting the battery again but still the same problem after reconnecting - so much for going anywhere over the next few days until places reopen on Tuesday :evil:

after just a exhaust change unless its something not related and just a coincidence,there isnt much it could be other than the lambda being disturbed or something blocking the pipe

Don't think its anything blocking the pipe - seems to rev up ok when it decides it will do without back firing...

Is there an easy way to try the two lambda sensors - like disconnecting one/both or one then the other and seeing if it runs any better without them and just having the engine management light on?

Really could do without it costing a small fortune again (just had both front arm bushes, brake pipe and the exhaust done for the MOT)

Back