Basic Video if you don't know much - i liked it

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexwilliams840

Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaliWjVKwnA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Part 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_SSci7nMPg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not into detailing to the extent where I look like I've got nothing better to do, but that was quite interesting.

Good find!

Yeah i've seen some videos and people are really serious about it, this guys alright plus he likes to take the piss out of how badly corvettes are made

Nor sure I agree with the way he went about some things lol

All done in the sun, which should never be done. The clay bar work I have done I learnt to do a small patch at a time, not go on spraying the whole car. Once each patch is smooth it should be wiped off. Once the whole car is done it should be washed and rinsed again.

Also, for years now I have used drying towel as they take any surface dirt left into the fibres. I hate chamois leathers and on the advice of a few people changed to the towels.

Anyways, that's just my view, but am sure each person has their own :)

Steve.

Don't watch this video it's not helpful at all it's not how you should clean a car leave it to the professionals ;)

if you don't want to get bent over whenever you want a nice shine i'd say it's a good base to start from.

Using the same wash mitt on the bottom sill then straight up the door to the top?

*cringe*

Not rinsing the mitt out in the rinse bucket before putting it in the wash bucket?

*cringe*

Not lubing the clay and using over a huge area?

*cringe*

Gave up watching at that point. ;p

I can't be bothered with detailing anymore - I just don't have the time or patience. As long as a car is clean and not covered in shite, that's good enough for me.

Latest posts

Back