Battery cable

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattyD34

Hi guys.

Okay so I've landed myself in a bit of a problem in that when I was removing the battery, I was lifting the positive terminal clamp off the post and..
Well I'm guessing it had been shorted in the past because the cable to the alternator snapped, and looked burnt. I'm now left like this:

This is a very crude solution we came up with by drilling out the old crimped meeting between the wire and terminal clamp, then stripping some more wire (That runs to alternator) and then tightened a jubilee clamp around the two before flattening it with a pliers.
This is very much a temporary solution until I can get a replacement terminal clamp and wire. As you can see the part number is in the photo, but I think that may be just the cable?

I really need a new terminal post clamp, with the little alternator cable clamp too that i can get then crimp onto the cable.

I don't know if this makes any sense, does anyone know where I could find a new terminal post clamp? preferably with the alternator cable already crimped on but even without it.

Any help would be much appreciated

Matt

You can buy the post clamps, but I think you have to crimp the wires in yourself.
However you can get a post terminal for the car stereo's. These usually have grub screw's to hold the cables. So more of a diy solution.

Hi
You could try Ian G, parts trader on this forum. Just send him a PM and tell him what you need.
Paul

Back