Been asked MANY times before, OBD2 connection

ProjectPuma

Help Support ProjectPuma:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOG said:
JAC said:
Is there any kind of extension cable that any of you know of that would allow me to place the scanner somewhere that is not going to get kicked everytime I get in (mines LHD)?
If you look at "How I Fitted My ScanGauge II", you'll see how I moved the OBD II connector, so it didn't stick out when connected:
http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=7082" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perfect! Thanks YOG!

Im having the same issue...after all did anybody find one to work on our Pumas? Mine is T reg and the same...the torque app can see the device but it doesnt communicate with the ECU ...

Bobby4Puma said:
Im having the same issue...after all did anybody find one to work on our Pumas? Mine is T reg and the same...the torque app can see the device but it doesnt communicate with the ECU ...
Skim reader, eh?

http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=338968#p338968" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mate look at the archbishops answer....he said that he has that one as well and doesnt work on his car....i wanted one that more people tried and it works :(

I see that thunderpuma and craig26283 but they didnt write back on here to tell us if it works :( i see this happens a lot on the forum...people asking for help but when they figure out the problem dont share it here :(

Bobby4Puma said:
Mate look at the archbishops answer....he said that he has that one as well and doesnt work on his car....i wanted one that more people tried and it works :(
Mate, you really should learn to use 'Search' around here - http://www.projectpuma.com/viewtopic.php?p=330541#p330541" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Didn't think I just guessed which one to get, did you?

I understand it works for you...but i wanted other guys that bought the same item on your link and it worked for them...anyway i ordered one....beeing so cheap...ill post back on here if it works or it doesnt...tnx

Bobby4Puma said:
I understand it works for you...
...I got the link from Wild E. Coyote and it works for him and also for the mod, red, it seems.

Because of quality control, etc it's still hit and miss, but at least if you get the same as a guy who's really into Pumas, like Wild is, then at least you're in with a good chance. Plus, because I've got a '97, it puts paid to the idea that was floating around that early Puma didn't have OBDII stuff.

Good luck. :)

Tnx...i order it...hopefully ill have better luck this time...ill post a reply after i try the one u recommend it :) ill be back....

I knew better....as allways...Frank next time maybe u will let people do their research...i knew what i was doing...the second odb crap i bought from Franks link is not working as well....doesnt communicate with the ecu...my puma is 99....thats why i was looking for an odb2 that worked for more people :( im really not that rich to buy an odb2 a week...and by the way the socket is fine cause i recently payed 20 quids to a garage and they could connect their diag tool :( i just want to buy one that actually works :(

Bobby4Puma said:
I knew better....as allways...Frank next time maybe u will let people do their research.
I did. I only pointed you to the exact same link that Wild E. Coyote pointed me to.

I used torque and another app and it doesnt communicate with the ECU ... Mine is 99 ...and the socket works fine :( sometimes its such a headache with the Puma...i cannot understand how ford could mess it up like that on a car that was produced only for 5 years :(

Bobby4Puma said:
I used torque and another app and it doesnt communicate with the ECU
Yeah, it often doesn't. PC programs seem better at figuring out the baud rate, etc. than Torque on Android that has a few bits to get right until the 'Connection to ECU' gets a green tick.

Still, what would I know and as you said yourself -
Frank next time maybe u will let people do their research.
So, research away. Good luck.

Sorry Frank my bad...i know u were just tryin to help...i was a little pissed off that is the second one that i bought and still doesnt work :( ill have to find a laptop somewhere....can i connect to the obd2 by wifi? Or only bluetooth is working? Tnx .

Truth be told though i wish u would've told me that before cause i only have Android powered devices :( i have a friend that uses an obd2 and torque but its a newer car not puma

Did anybody tried this on a Puma? http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=291501177570&alt=web" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Im gonna give it a last try with this one : Autel Autolink AL319 OBD II/EOBD Code Reader by Autel http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007XE8C74/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_5hKuwb6NN5QKP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I did some research and hopefully is going to be ok...fingers crossed...there are a lot of cheap chinese copies...at least Autel is a known brand...they have sime better quality products...not all chinese items are bad :(

Finally found one that works...is the one from Autel AL319 ...i got the parcel today and it works...BE AWARE though...for some reason it didnt work at first just with the ignition on...i thought it wont work...but i went for a drive and some how it started communicating with the ECU :) i payed 27 quids for it but its totally worth it...seems to have good quality...and i dont have to bother with a pc or tablet:)

Latest posts

Back